12 Minute Tune

tsmith

.040 Over
Just got my 2011 roadster and thinking about the undertank K&N or the triple K&N. Does anyone know if the 12 minute tune will work with the 2011's.

The 12 minute tune procedure is for sensor calibration purposes (O2 sensor, idle speed, etc.), it doesn't allow for drastic changes in the fuel/air mixture necessary to accommodate big changes to back-pressure (exhaust) and air flow (intake).

Those changes will need PCIII, TuneBoy, TuneECU or some other way to manually make fuel metering adjustments.

The 12 minute tune simply wipes all of the fuel trims that the ECU has learned. That way after making mods to intake or exhaust, it can start trimming the fuel accordingly. However, it cannot make corrections for mods like triple K&Ns and it only makes those adjustments in a small portion of the fuel curve (only where a/f ratios are set to 14.5 to 1 (closed loop)). So to safely run with such mods, you need to load a custom tune or have a dyno tune done.

Thanks for mostly clearing that up for me, pig9r. Here's what I've been running-
1-with an underseat K&N and D&Ds, tune 20221
2-with the underseat K&N, cat delete & stock mufflers, tune 20220
Both of these tunes with the speedo -6.3%, secs at 100%, no top speed restriction, rev limit at 6500 and o2 sensor unchecked.
So now I should recheck the o2 sensor and run the 12 minute tune after loading the modified stock tunes, right? Is it right the 12 min tune needs the o2 sensor with the checkmark to work?

Back