leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
Got a first hand go at a ZX-14R. Obviously I got smoked when he hit his horsepower curve, but the Rocket stayed with him (even ahead of him) in the lower RPMs. A fun ride, just two buds going at it. We then swapped bikes and the Rocket proved to be the more fun ride when cruising and accelerating through the gears (approved by both riders). My bud loved the Rocket and said the torque and it's ability to pull way low down was intoxicating. He wasn't impressed with it's ability to maneuver, but said it was very comfortable with pretty good brakes. Even called it a bad ass beast! I wasn't as impressed with the ZX. The power below 5500 RPM was terrible, almost like a little 350 CC bike. Above 8000 RPM lookout! The ride position on the ZX was very uncomfortable as it put you on your wrists with your knees tucked under and behind you and you had to strain your neck to keep your head up to see ahead. The ZX definitely felt smoother and more refined but geared low (5600 RPM at 80MPH in top gear). Told him I would drag race him anytime if we evened up the odds by both of us limiting our RPM below 5K. He said no way because he said he would loose every time.

If you liked the Zx14 then you would also like the 1400 GTR simular motor but detuned for more low end torque and with VVT (variable Valve Timing ) smooth as silk and tons of torque from 2000rpm six speed overdrive box 130kph at 4500 and rpm and 6000 rpm to go! traction control and more electronic gizmos than the space shuttle the riding position is more touring friendly than the ZX1400 1000k days no worries , and after 6000rpm the VVT cuts in and hang on this bike is aerodynamically designed to cut through the air above 250Kph like a knife with brakes and handling to match ,

If you liked the Zx14 then you would also like the 1400 GTR ,
Sadly seems it it wont pass Euro4 so - we wont get them any more. I've no plans to change - but if I were to - I'd go smaller (physically) than an R3. Time will come where it's simply too cumbersome.

Sadly seems it it wont pass Euro4 so - we wont get them any more. I've no plans to change - but if I were to - I'd go smaller (physically) than an R3. Time will come where it's simply too cumbersome.

Sorry Mate are you taking about the R3 or the GTR not passing the Euro4 ,I would have thought the Japanese would be building World Emission compliant bikes and cars I may be wrong

From Wikipedia - which is I accept not THE ORACLE

The 1400GTR was one of over a dozen Kawasaki models with no 2018 model year in the EU market because they were redeisigned to meet Euro 4 emissions standards

There are loads of Japanese bikes that will not continue in the EU. Honda announced a fair few too. Too much R&D cost to cover the sales.

Right now over here there are dealers in a state of panic as overall sales have dropped like a stone this year and they have "loads" of Euro3 bikes in stock.

These will all have to be plated before 31st December. tbh I think there are quite a few folk who are hoping for a BLACK FRIDAY STYLE NEW YEARS EVE.
I will confess I have my eye half heartedly, on one or two which would make a nice little runabout.

I know of at least 3 dealers that have shut forever, some with monster debts. And they were big volume dealers.

My mates right now do not think they can survive past April.
They are only a repair shop - and think that a lot of folk are not repairing as they want to see if they can snaffle a bargain on a Euro3 too, before repairing something older.

It's known that Euro4 will hit the low size sector worst - and here that is the bread&butter market.

I have seen nothing from EICMA 2017 (ends today) that suggests a Euro4 compliant R3 either. Mind you I have not really looked.
So either Triumph will keep making them & ship them all to the colonies (supposing there is demand) or this too shall pass.

I don't yet know what the rules are for bikes in big cities here. Soon you'll pretty much need a hibrid/electric or dual fuel (gas) car.
I fret not as I hate cities anyway. But a lot of the ring roads here are dropping speed limits to below 70kph. These are motorways.

There are loads of Japanese bikes that will not continue in the EU. Honda announced a fair few too. Too much R&D cost to cover the sales.

Right now over here there are dealers in a state of panic as overall sales have dropped like a stone this year and they have "loads" of Euro3 bikes in stock.

These will all have to be plated before 31st December. tbh I think there are quite a few folk who are hoping for a BLACK FRIDAY STYLE NEW YEARS EVE.
I will confess I have my eye half heartedly, on one or two which would make a nice little runabout.

I know of at least 3 dealers that have shut forever, some with monster debts. And they were big volume dealers.

They are only a repair shop - and think that a lot of folk are not repairing as they want to see if they can snaffle a bargain on a Euro3 too, before repairing something older.

It's known that Euro4 will hit the low size sector worst - and here that is the bread&butter market.

I have seen nothing from EICMA 2017 (ends today) that suggests a Euro4 compliant R3 either. Mind you I have not really looked.
So either Triumph will keep making them & ship them all to the colonies (supposing there is demand) or this too shall pass.

I don't yet know what the rules are for bikes in big cities here. Soon you'll pretty much need a hibrid/electric or dual fuel (gas) car.
I fret not as I hate cities anyway. But a lot of the ring roads here are dropping speed limits to below 70kph. These are motorways.

I suppose its all for the greater good Global warming ect , but a hard pill to swallow if it means the end for the machines we have enjoyed since our youth ,:(:(

Not only that , we won't be deemed competent to drive them anymore , so they will drive themselves. Just another way to convert the people's into halfwit drones ! Seems W.A.L.L.Y was an accurate depiction of the future after all ! :eek: self driving pirate ships , how's that gonna work ? :thumbsdown:

Got a first hand go at a ZX-14R. Obviously I got smoked when he hit his horsepower curve, but the Rocket stayed with him (even ahead of him) in the lower RPMs. A fun ride, just two buds going at it. We then swapped bikes and the Rocket proved to be the more fun ride when cruising and accelerating through the gears (approved by both riders). My bud loved the Rocket and said the torque and it's ability to pull way low down was intoxicating. He wasn't impressed with it's ability to maneuver, but said it was very comfortable with pretty good brakes. Even called it a bad ass beast! I wasn't as impressed with the ZX. The power below 5500 RPM was terrible, almost like a little 350 CC bike. Above 8000 RPM lookout! The ride position on the ZX was very uncomfortable as it put you on your wrists with your knees tucked under and behind you and you had to strain your neck to keep your head up to see ahead. The ZX definitely felt smoother and more refined but geared low (5600 RPM at 80MPH in top gear). Told him I would drag race him anytime if we evened up the odds by both of us limiting our RPM below 5K. He said no way because he said he would loose every time.
Thats my favorite victim the ZX14 they are fast BUT not as fast as a modded ROCKET I love blasting by the unsuspecting hot shots on the king of the sport bikes they dont expect a big cruiser to smoke them its the most fun you can have street riding no one knows anything about the modded Rockets and they are totally shocked by the big TRIUMPH

Back