Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
I took my son's new to him 2013 ZX14 out for a little "test" ride today. It only has 3,600 miles on it. It is the bike my friend Jerry took to Bonneville Salt Flats in August. He was able to get a timed mile at 197 mph with a strong head wind.

HOLY CRAP "! This bike is crazy fast and it is really quick. I got it up to "ludicrous" speed and the world went blurry. I could only ride it for about a half hour until the seating position became too uncomfortable. Had to come home and get the Rocket out for an hour of nice comfy cruising.

DSCN5969.JPG DSCN6051.JPG Jerry doing 197 mph. Look at the finish line flags.
Jerry at the Salt.

Last edited:
My R3R is incredibly fast. My ZX-14R is insanely fast. Totally different bikes but I really love them both!

I installed 1" risers and 1 3/8" lowering pegs to make the ZX-14R ergonomics a bit better for my aging body...

Last edited:
Fixed it for ya. All PROJECTILEs tend to land eventually!

I rode the Busa pre Turbo it was awesome, but I don't think anyone except old Mate will get to ride it now, the first time he took it out it was killing people idling in the car park:eek::eek::eek: I have never seen anything off the GP circuit that goes so hard,

My R3R is incredibly fast. My ZX-14R is insanely fast. Totally different bikes but I really love them both!

I installed 1" risers and 1 3/8" lowering pegs to make the ZX-14R ergonomics a bit better for my aging body...
YEP best of the sportbikes for sreetriding I was riding one a few months ago i was going to buy one but after a day of riding one I found it not comfy enough and couldnt wait to get back on my comfy fast ROCKET thats comfy and even faster than my buds ZX14

Yes it already has the risers and adjustable setbacks. The seat/pegs were not the problem. My hips and legs were Ok during the ride. It was the low bars and leaning so far forward. If Kawasaki made a standard style sit up straight bike with this engine, I would buy it. BTW this bike has a PCV and Brock's Performance exhaust (sounds awesome) and some other mods I'm not sure what they all are. Dyno tuned to 201 RWH. The torque and power is amazing.

I have ridden my friend Millionaire Mike's Concours for a day and it was nice. But the power compared to my son's ZX14 power was lacking. I understand the Concours has a different engine with a Mitsubishi made head. I'm not a fan of Mitsubishi products. However, I do prefer the shaft drive of the Concours.

Last edited:
Read that thread down a few posts, IRR3! It's the same motor with substantive changes to the connecting parts. a good 50 hp less grunt, too.

Back