Zard Exhaust + Corbin Seat + Carbon Fibre Hydrographics

Looks great! Glad your corbin seat came out nice! Was thinking about getting one as I just did 2 x 500 mile days last week and the stock seat was painful after a while for me. I read some mixed reviews from Corbin so wasn't sure if i wanted to pull the trigger. All looks great!

Looks great! Glad your corbin seat came out nice! Was thinking about getting one as I just did 2 x 500 mile days last week and the stock seat was painful after a while for me. I read some mixed reviews from Corbin so wasn't sure if i wanted to pull the trigger. All looks great!
Thanks. I was in the saddle this past weekend for about 6 hours. The Corbin seat is definitely more comfortable than OEM. I am 5-11 and 240lbs. If that helps to qualify the opinion. Build quality is excellent and installation of the pillion backrest was a snap. One tip with the Corbin installation: you may find that the seat will not “click” when you press down on it. You simply unscrew the latching pin under the seat and add a couple of washers and screw it back on. This way the pin plunges deeper and then you get that “click” so you know it is properly secure. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I was in the saddle this past weekend for about 6 hours. The Corbin seat is definitely more comfortable than OEM. I am 5-11 and 240lbs. If that helps to qualify the opinion. Build quality is excellent and installation of the pillion backrest was a snap. One tip with the Corbin installation: you may find that the seat will not “click” when you press down on it. You simply unscrew the latching pin under the seat and add a couple of washers and screw it back on. This way the pin plunges deeper and then you get that “click” so you know it is properly secure. Hope this helps.
Awesome, great to know! We aren't far off build wise, so that definitely helps. Will be an upgrade for next year.

Is that the "Sissy Bar Pad"? Does that replace the stock passenger backrest pad, or go over it? Is it still "wobbly"?

Sorry for all the questions. The movement of the fully raised backrest is disconcerting to my wife.

Is that the "Sissy Bar Pad"? Does that replace the stock passenger backrest pad, or go over it? Is it still "wobbly"?

Sorry for all the questions. The movement of the fully raised backrest is disconcerting to my wife.
Correct. You are absolutely right about the OEM backrest. It is “wobbly”. It replaces the OEM backrest. The Corbin is a complete backrest with its own mounting bracket and it is rock solid. My wife really appreciates that is much taller and more cushion than the original.

The Corbin is beautiful and I have had great experiences with its seats in the past. My question is, does the seat raise the seat height in any significant way? I'm 5' 71/2" and All of my bikes were bought with being able to plant my feet at a stop!

Here is link to Maggies full view after installing the Zard exhaust (racing, no baffles) along with the carbon fibre heat shields. Also installed Corbin seated (heated).

Looks great. Can you tell us if the Corbin seat moves you back any? Does it raise or lower your seat height?

Back