You Win Some, You Lose Some

KalSaint

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
The win: Finding a local tuner that works with Tune ECU.

The Lose: Noticed that it was almost impossible to shift from first into neutral while sitting at red lights. Figured that since the bike had an original 1000 when I got it, another 1000 miles later the clutch cable had probably stretched a bit, so I went to do the 2-3mm adjustment at the clutch handle. There I found it was surprisingly difficult to turn adjuster screw by hand. Being the tactical genius I am, I grabbed my handy-dandy pliers and started turning it. Well, looks like I put a little bit to much oomph into it (or something wasn't right to begin with) and the adjuster screw sheared off.

Are these **** things make specific? Or can I put an aftermarket adjuster on there? Maybe something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083V5Y7HG/ref=dp_iou_view_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 0403211637_HDR.jpg
    0403211637_HDR.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 23
You need a new clutch cable. I don't think this is worth repairing. The cables can be found new and used ezzy. Next time loosen the lock nut first. There might be a special procedure when installing the new cable. The action arm on the motor might need a preload or something. Im sure some one will chime with the correct way.

Back