rickb

.020 Over
Well, I was finally able to pick up my new r3 this afternoon and I put about 140 miles on her. Now I know why you are all so sold on these bikes, they are awesome!! The power seems to never end, the handling is unbelievable for a bike this big and I got about 40mpg !!!!!:) I did some busy city street riding, some interstate riding and some winding back road riding and it handled it all, above my expectations. And did I mention the power !!! :D Received a lot of thumbs up and had a lot of people asking questions about the bike... pretty cool. :cool: I look forward to many enjoyable miles on the r3. This bike makes my hd rk seem pretty tame even with the 103 stroker. I imagine the hd will stay in the garage quite a bit this summer. I did notice that a lot of the hd riders did not return my wave, which was almost never happens when I am on the hd. GO figure. :confused: Personally I don't care what people ride, I wave at every bike I meet.

Great site and enjoy the posts very much.

Welcome

Glad to hear you finally got to pick it up and ride it. Prepare to be continually impressed.
Dennis

Well, I was finally able to pick up my new r3 this afternoon and I put about 140 miles on her. Now I know why you are all so sold on these bikes, they are awesome!! The power seems to never end, the handling is unbelievable for a bike this big and I got about 40mpg !!!!!I did some busy city street riding, some interstate riding and some winding back road riding and it handled it all, above my expectations. And did I mention the power !!! Received a lot of thumbs up and had a lot of people asking questions about the bike... pretty cool. I look forward to many enjoyable miles on the r3. This bike makes my hd rk seem pretty tame even with the 103 stroker. I imagine the hd will stay in the garage quite a bit this summer. I did notice that a lot of the hd riders did not return my wave, which was almost never happens when I am on the hd. GO figure. Personally I don't care what people ride, I wave at every bike I meet.

Great site and enjoy the posts very much.

I was starting to have the same woody when first I picked mine up:eek:

Been there, done that, and do it ever day day in and day out...ain't much anything more finer. xcept my Amy.

You must have gotten one of those sloe leak black'ens? I'm sorry:D 40 MPG, you gotta be taking yo' time:rolleyes:

Fact is, I got 39 on the first ride home. Never got more than 33 there after...until I found a rejuvenator. (sp.)

Congrats!!

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the adrenaline junkie club. Don't worry about getting waves, just wave bye-bye to them as you smoke them at any speed.

Rick

Speaking of waving, The little scooters are getting real popular round here. You should see the looks from them when I wave from spike..Welcome Rickb Crazy Jack

Congratulations. I too had a 103 stroker on my SE Road King. This bike is way more fun and hasn't overheated on me yet. A lot of the MOCO riders still wave. Those who don't just reinforce my feelings about the "image". Watch out reading here, you'll find just as many ways to spend money as you do on your RK:cool:

Congrats on the new Rocket, it will never get boring or leave you wanting more like so many other bikes.

You will wave more with the Rocket because of the additional waving at those you pass up going the same direction......:roll:

Welcome Rick!

I put my old HD out in the yard and hung flower pots off of it. See, they are good for something....:D

Back