borok9off

Standard Bore
Hello to all,

I have a line on an 07 Classic with 1025 miles. This ride is perfect, complete with saddlebags and windscreen. Asking 12k even. First service done, running synth oil now, always adult riden. I've been asking myself why not new and avoid any warranty issues, but I think the remaining warr will transfer. Any ideas on new vs used would be helpful.

Thanks in advance......erik :confused:

Hello to all,

Any ideas on new vs used would be helpful.

Thanks in advance......erik :confused:

Try to figure out WHY it's up for sale. Just a question. Not decisive. But a question, all the same. Here in Western Europe, many, almost brand new Rocket's, are currrently advertised for sale, And in 90% of the cases, it's because the new owner felt overwhelmed by it (too powerful, too heavy, too MUCH:D)

Regardless of the question, my response is: GRAB IT! Jamie:cool:

Sounds like a nice deal to me. How long has he owned it? I know it's an '07, but if he bought it in Jan '07.. or even earlier, there may not be much warranty left on it. If you're concerned with warranty, that could be an issue. The remaining of Triumph's warranty will transfer, it covers the bike, not the owner.. :)

Otherwise, it sounds like you're getting a pretty new bike with very low miles on it for a few grand off, which is always a good thing. Does it have bags? windshield? other accessories?

I paid $12,500 for mine from the dealer as a demo in Dec '06. Mine is a standard though.

So you buy it now and join us at Rockets Across America III the first weekend in September!

But, if it has an existing warranty, even if there's only a couple of months, doesn't that make getting an extended a little easier?

I don't know for sure, I'm okay with my warranty gone, now I can't void it.. hahaha.

Extended warranties are usually sold by a dealer through some other warranty provider.

pre-approved

Well then I guess that answers the question. I'll have to get it then. I got an email from the seller. He got it in May 07, more power than he needed. It does have bags and a windshield already.

Thanks to all, picture to follow after sat

erik

A Classic decked out with bags, sissy bar with six pack cooler rack, and Roadster shield has about $1900 in add-ons with the saddle bag embellisher. The Classics sold with these factory additions with the saddle bag embellisher (for a cut price of about $700) and was labeled a Tourer; though you won't find that emblazoned on the side cover(s). The Tourer was only sold in the USA.

What are the colors?? I believe there were 3 colors schemes for the Classic Tourer. Black and NE White, Cardinal Red and Phantom Black (my personal favorite), and another two color scheme that I don't recall. I don't believe the 07 Classic and 07 Classic Tourer had similar colors.

Last edited:
Used or new?

Hello, I had similar doubts here in Australia, my search was for a sidecar power plant and I initially looked at 'youthful' 2nd hand Rockets as opposed to purchasing a new model. I found in every case the seller indicated the size and power were the motivating factors in his sale. My decision, had I been able to find a 2nd hand Tourer would have been used, but alas it was at the dealer's door I finished.

Regards Carey

Back