Wonderful Weather....

Toystoretom

Living Legend
By all rights it should be about 27F and sleeting here today but its not... at 9 am it was 65 and the weather dweeb said it might hit 80. I am going riding... I'll try and hook up with the Pig and probably waste some gas......

Sunny day here with a few fluffy clouds... aw probably about 27C today... it's starting to get a little cooler now with winter only a few months away. ****, I'll have to go wipe the mold off my jacket soon if I can find which wardrode it's stored in! Davo

We packed a lot into an afternoon ride... I went and hooked up with Pig9r and did a little BSing at his place..Then we took off and swung by his Dad's house, who has a very nice 2004? Bonnie. A very good looking bike.

We took off and went down through the main drag to get on I70 and got stopped at a red light. I had a 1970? 427 Chevelle pull up next to me and he wanted to go so I gassed it up for him. It was actually Pig9r's Dad's neighbor and we didn't go too far cuz we was just funnin... but there was some noise for a few seconds.

We got up onto I70 and I noticed something kind of wierd. Pig9r just put some Mad Dogs and a cat by pass on his Rocket (I have the same setup) and they started to resonate off of each other. It is a very awesome and disturbing sound. It was driving the cagers nuts.

We got off I70 and headed north on B to Buckner and soon ran up on a single Harley Rider. I know we make fun of this but there was actually parts falling off of his bike. I know what one of those parts were... the spring that holds up his Jiffy stand (kick stand). Pig9r actually got a pic of this guy with his cell phone.. hopefully it came out good enough to post on here :D.

We ran out old 24 along the Mighty Mo and pulled into Lexington. There were people all over the place... mostly lining the sidewalks. Doh!! We just pulled into a Saint Paddy's Day parade they were having. I wondered why all those people were waving at us.

After we posted bond we decided to ride back and the rest was pretty uneventful. It was a great ride though, winter has been around too long...

Tomo

Poor quality but not bad for throttle with the right and camera phone with the left.
The thing hanging down on the HD in front of Tom is the kickstand now turned curb feeler. At 50+ mph I could hear it scraping.
I have ridden with Tom before on classic bikes, today was the first with us both on Rockets. Tom has some sort of HD radar, he locates, stalks, then goes in for the kill.

Last edited:
Great story and pics. I saw lots of bikes today, almost a hundred during my 130 mile ride. What a nice day to be in Missouri. I made it home with minutes to spare before the Heavens let loose. Tomorrow looks like a complete rain and thunderstorm day so no riding. By the way I'm getting about 38mpg. Not too shabby.;)

I just can't get over how good two Rockets with Mad Dogs sound, it is truely an intimidating sound. This is the first time I've ridden behind a Rocket set up this way and it makes a unique sound.. to say the least.

We did see one of those Statocasters or whatever the heck they are. Its a goofy looking thing... to each his own...

Pig9r and I compared my 2005 to his 2006. A lot of little changes... almost makes me think that Triumph spends a lot of time lurking on the web.... The rear brake line being moved and the design of the kickstand being changed are two examples.. They do listen.

As nice as yesterday was... today we have severe T storms and tornados... over in Lawrence and KCK. This afternoon they are supposed to return...

A lot of little changes... almost makes me think that Triumph spends a lot of time lurking on the web.... The rear brake line being moved and the design of the kickstand being changed are two examples.. They do listen.

.. when I was there the week before last, I told them that their web site was crap; it needed 'decent' images of 'all' colourways for 'every' bike, plus vids, better dealer locator, yadder, yadder. They said it was 'being looked at' (unconvincingly ;)) but ultimately the web aspects are shipped out externally. I was thinking to myself, haven't you brought a lot more in house due to crap external suppliers - then why not do the same and get yourself a full time web monkey?

Still, I'd much sooner they made upgrades to the bike than web site! :D

Back