Wireless Ear Buds

3 - Better watch your state laws. In the People's Republik of Merry Land, it's illegal to have anything in both your ears while riding. One earbud is fine, speakers in the helmet are fine, but anything in both ears at the same time = illegal.
I remember looking that up a few years ago, and I seem to remember that you couldn't have music in both ears, but you could wear hearing protection in both ears - but i could well be wrong. Either way, one of the many stupid laws in Marylandistan.

Unlike PA where you don't have to wear head protection but it is illegal to wear hearing protection.

I posted about Etymotic earbuds recently.

The ER4XR are outstanding but they make a wide range of consumer and professional products including wireless, hi-tech ear plugs and custom in-ear molded earbuds.

Aside from the excellent hi-fidelity sound, I keep going back to Ety because of the 3-flange plug itself.
They seat firmly, are comfortable and never ever fall out. They also block out a lot of road noise even without music but you can still hear emergency sirens and horns (well maybe not a stock Triumph horn).

You can buy just the plugs in Standard or Large size but there is no industry standard on earphones so they may or may not fit your set.

er38-15sm_450.jpg

I don't wear my hearing aids often as I should because stuff in my ears make them itch like crazy!
All my headphones are over - ears and on the motor I use Sena with helmet speakers.
Just me . . .

good tip on the Purity Ear Buds Maurice just got mine they are comfortable good sound and under $35 bucks. I was able to get the helmet on over them was OK but getting the helmet off was another story. The buds came off with helmet after a short but productive effort I caught them bouncing down the sidewalk. This is good as exercise and being able to pick something off the ground is heartwarming. Five stars.

good tip on the Purity Ear Buds Maurice just got mine they are comfortable good sound and under $35 bucks. I was able to get the helmet on over them was OK but getting the helmet off was another story. The buds came off with helmet after a short but productive effort I caught them bouncing down the sidewalk. This is good as exercise and being able to pick something off the ground is heartwarming. Five stars.
I know what you mean about getting helmet off without the bud. Trick is to really pull sides of helmet apart as hard as you can. Works for me. Ride safe.

I remember looking that up a few years ago, and I seem to remember that you couldn't have music in both ears, but you could wear hearing protection in both ears - but i could well be wrong. Either way, one of the many stupid laws in Marylandistan.

Unlike PA where you don't have to wear head protection but it is illegal to wear hearing protection.

This always generates interesting conversation when the ability to hear is not required to obtain either a drivers or riders license.
-MIG

yes it is amazing that a deaf person can drive. In my area I believe a blind person is allowed to drive after witnessing some of their actions. My friend got a ticket for having earpods in both ears while driving his car, courtesy of CA highway patrol

And the radio could be blasting, unable to hear sirens. And no problem. New definition of "common sense". Created by which party.

After many rides, the Purity ear buds became more difficult to have them placed perfecly every time. They are too big I figured.
Found smaller wired one designed to keep outside noise out while listening to music. Tested repeatedly and so much easier with helmet to have them in place. Just make sure to push them all the way in the canal. 18 bucks shipped! I don't mind on the bike that there is a wire.

Attachments

• 20200611_040750.jpg
    20200611_040750.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 13
Back