Werkes - early observations and a couple of tips for installation

In that case keep the stock on hand for the once/year inspection.
It is not that easy.

If a police officer pulls me over and discover that I removed the cat, I believe I could be fined. But I can’t find definite information

Well

I live in Denver, Colorado. I think this is the HD kingdom. And those guys don’t care about the noise. My other concern is about the emissions, as you know the cat is responsible for reducing them. Here in Colorado you need to inspect your vehicle for emissions, if you need to renew your registration. I don’t know if that inspection applies to motorcycles as well. I would need to check.

It is not that easy.

If a police officer pulls me over and discover that I removed the cat, I believe I could be fined. But I can’t find definite information
You have a legitimate concern- you could be fined. On the other hand, living in the "HD kingdom" you aren't going to exactly stand out by comparison with a Werkes exhaust. I'd be more worried about the fact that you are riding a 2500cc machine that, unlike the HDs, is designed to do much more than just go thump, thump, thump. Keep the rubber down...

I've never worried about my D&D slip-ons, which look almost stock, have a slightly stronger growl and give me better air-flow (no cats); thus power. Of the all the states I've lived in or road through it has not been a problem. In Arizona, my planned final stop (we just landed our retirement home). Motorcycles are not tested. Not sure about Colorado. Bottom line though; if it's always going to be nagging you in the back of your mind... you already have your answer.
-MIB

Thanks guys.

I am still thinking about it. I really like the CW but I don’t want to have an issue later.

If some of you knows about the law here in Colorado, I will really appreciate your input.

👍👍

I’ve sent the question to CW directly. Let’s wait for a response.

Hello, just for tell you my experience with the werkes. The little plate who is in the exhaust, after a big ride, the black paint start to go away because of the hot.
Otherwise the sound is really nice. ✌️

Hello, just for tell you my experience with the werkes. The little plate who is in the exhaust, after a big ride, the black paint start to go away because of the hot.
Otherwise the sound is really nice. ✌️
Just FYI - That happened to mine in under a month. Werkes replaced with a cutout logo (not printed) plate that looked better - under warranty + shipping both ways.

Back