Thank's for the information ✌️
They took care of it...

Subject: Re: Logo has faded
Date:
July 1, 2022 at 3:50:10 PM EDT
To: Blake Madden <xxxxxxx@gmail.com>
Blake,
I'm very sorry for the issue.
While these badges are supposed to be high-temp ceramic, I have a feeling this last batch is less reliable than previous ones.
I can send you another. But, I fear you will have the same issue in time.
The other option I can offer is a full stainless cut-out logo. As seen here:
KTM RC390 Duke 390 Slip-On Exhaust | 2015-2016
If this is desired. I will send you a return shipping logo. We will then clean the residue from the current badge and replace with the stainless.
Please let me know which you prefer.
Shawn
werkes rebadged.jpg

That's the replacement. They were pretty quick about it, too.

Hello, just for tell you my experience with the werkes. The little plate who is in the exhaust, after a big ride, the black paint start to go away because of the hot.
Otherwise the sound is really nice. ✌️
Do you mean the black center stripe? Or de logo?

The black color around the logo

Yeah. That should be covered by warranty. I should be receiving mines today. But bought the one with the black center. I really hope this does not happen to me. Because I am not sure that the laser logo would match with that design.

Would you have an idea bout selling the stock exhaust? How much can I ask for it?

With Baffles Installed

It is definitely louder, but not obnoxious, in my opinion. Now the sound more closely matches the performance you experience riding the new Rocket 3 and it no longer sounds like a Honda Civic, as someone else here described it.

25 pounds of weight for the stock vs. 8 lbs for the Werkes. When the stock frees up and you lower it off the bike you'll be amazed at just how big and heavy that thing is. Put some wood blocks underneath to help protect it when it comes free.

I measured the db with a iPhone app (non-scientific) at idle. From what I understand about decibels small changes are relatively large changes. These numbers mean nothing other than by comparison. It depends where you are (in garage/outside), how close and where you place your recording device.
Stock = 86 - 87
No Baffles = 89 - 90
Baffles = 88 - 89

While riding moderately, with my phone mounted on the handlebars, I got a fairly consistent level of 89 - 90.

Popping? Just be sure you have tight seals everywhere. There's no increase in decel popping, they're just louder along with the other exhaust noise. Maybe an increase in hp and no loss of low-end torque that I noticed on my first very short test ride before the rain hit.

It's an easy install. 30 - 45 minutes. This guy has a great video, so there's no reason to repeat what he's already recorded...

What gave me trouble before watching his video was determining from the manual exactly which three bolts hold on the cat assembly. The middle one is deep, coming in from the left, and required a long socket extension for the 12mm. The Werkes instructions say to reuse the gasket from the original exhaust, but it's embedded in a metal ring. I thought the ring would be considered part of the "gasket"- well, no. You need to dig that out (very carefully) and pack it in the lip, or flange, of the new exhaust (I used some copper gasket seal on all of my connections, btw). That part took the longest time of the entire installation, being careful not to destroy the old gasket. Without the metal ring the stock exhaust clamp will then go over the lip on the header AND the flange on the exhaust. Success!
Hi Journeyman,
I have been searching for the mounting instructions for CompWerks on my R3 GT. Thank you for posting this, especially the tip about the gasket. It looks like the gentleman who posted the video found it challenging to replace the gasket, I guess he had to take out the gasket out of the ring. You mentioned that you used "copper gasket seal on all connections". Where are these connections? I thought there just one connection for the pipe where you replaced the gasket from the ring? Also, any tip regarding the O2 sensor connection ? Do I connect the O2 sensor to the new CW pipe ? Thanks in advance

Back