Widow maker journey to the 200hp club

The first time we talked after @Joesmoe got the ball rolling on me asking you to build this, you asked what i wanted, iirc i said i was more than happy with the torque already i just wanted a 201hp bike to ride to track if i wanted, have some fun, (beat up on expensive bikes) ride through downtown on broadway, or just ride, you nailed it. I dont know if you will share but these guys understood the engineering of that step. I showed them the pictures and he gave me a tour oh 1 of his rooms. He used to build equipment for navy. Thought you would like to hear that. That knock sensor to detect in dots where detonation is happening at exactly by sound frequency of the bore pretty neat but he needs 2 days, dude that does that the engineer dude is in no hurry. So next time but hes excited to do it to the widowmaker as there will be no guessing of how close the engine is to detonating or is detonating, im excited to see exactly where the timing is according to the frequency of the bores, super excited.
When we do knock tests, we still rely on good ol human intervention! We intentionally induce knock, then we make sure the knock sensors pick up the knock.
image.jpg

Oh no you didnt. Wait until GOC gets ahold of this, im done
Kevin, in your moment of triumph, having completed a work of art and with the results to prove it, do you really think I would try and piss on your fireworks? H3ll no, congratulations. Been watching this right from the beginning and couldn't be happier for you now its almost complete.

Kevin, in your moment of triumph, having completed a work of art and with the results to prove it, do you really think I would try and piss on your fireworks? H3ll no, congratulations. Been watching this right from the beginning and couldn't be happier for you now its almost complete.
thanks man! its my job to pull your chain I definitely know :D

Ok, blue line is base tune/ red line on same is after 1st fuel adjustments, then the final pull of day the last run. Only fuel adjustments were made.

2D56A065-41B3-4E07-908E-F74389C3A61C.jpeg
B3B38599-C765-4308-B4B2-81D4713841D9.jpeg
It looks to me like not only is @Neville Lush an extremely good supplier of goods, but from his supplied tune, also an extremely good tuner - even if the bike is on the other side of the world. Congratulations to all.

It looks to me like not only is @Neville Lush an extremely good supplier of goods, but from his supplied tune, also an extremely good tuner - even if the bike is on the other side of the world. Congratulations to all.
LushRacing i am a believer! His base map and his help should have cost as much as the pieces. i enjoyed doing business with him. what we call ole skool, much respect for him.

Just a heads up on knock sensing on your build, you'll pass the mean best torque point before you get knock if using premium fuel.

Torque will fall off first, then if you keep push past that, it'll maybe... Start knocking, or it might just keep trailing off on power until it starts missing entirely. You'll also see a ride in coolant temps as you go further and further past peak torque.

That's why the timing maps take so long to build, you have to find best torque, push past it, then bring it back to the lowest value that doesn't lose power.

This is why Mufasa spent 4 hours non-stop pulls on the Dyno building my timing map.

Last edited:
Good to see you achieved what you set out to do Kevin. It may seem a bit simple, but how does it go? I mean from the riding point of view :) .
It is much quicker getting to where youre telling it to go. It really came alive, its absolutely a pleasure to ride and anything above 2nd at 1/4 throttle you cant stay there long. Its a beast!

Kevin, congrats on the successful project conclusion from a fellow middle Tennessean. Whew! This thread reads like a novel. In any event, glad you can now enjoy the fruits of your labors. Just keep focused on making the name "Widowmaker" a lie, and stay safe with that beastie!

Back