I always like the response you get when you tell people it's a 2.3 liter engine. Most of them think you are full of ..., then you show them the little plaque on the side cover and they just walk away in disbelief :D, and get in their Saturn that only has a 1.9.

a) I have found it very tough doing my part of the "I like your bike to" conversation, because I don't want to start comparing the Rocket to his bike. I know he is comparing his bike to the Rocket. I have had better conversations talking about liking the dual disk front brakes or debating shaft drive over chain or belt.

b) The old guys - my age and up - had a Triumph and really thought the company went bottom up. If you read the company history, it really almost did. The young guys - likely your age and younger - never knew anyone with a Triumph, never wandered by a dealership, never saw an add for a Triumph on TV and unless they are avid motorcycle rag readers - didn't catch the one review that each rag did in late 2004 and early 2005 on this bike.

What is my point? In my opinion, Triumph isn't doing all it could to advertise, maybe they are waiting for 2007 to really launch the Rocket family. To the Harley rider that divides the world between USA and Japan - they should know better and to @#$% with them. For the young and the just uninformed you might be the first and only Rocket they have ever seen - be nice.

wilbur-t said:
My favorite question when I pull up somewhere and the gawkers come over is "Triumph....who makes that?" :confused: I get it quite often, it still mystifies me.

Don't ya just love the ones who, when you reply "Triumph," act like you're too stupid to understand the question i.e. "No, I mean who is it made BY?"

I just keep answering "I reck'n it's made by Triumph" in my best Billy Bob Thornton from "Slingblade" 'til they finally decide I might chop off a body part if they keep asking :D

Back