Who is the proud owner of this exhaust?

image.jpg
I fitted a set of Reband yesterday......never had much of a problem getting them on the bike.....the packing in the baffle was laughable so I fitted some new wadding and it was good to go.....not much louder than a set of Tors and the bike feels much smoother / quicker running just the Triumph Tor tune .....they are ceramic coaster but still get bloody hot so I will wrap the headers at the weekend

Fit and finish is way better on the CES. Reband may make slightly better numbers but a pain to fit and get sealed up. Have also already had to recoat the Rebands as they were starting to show some rust. Not sure how many miles Kenny put on them but I only put 6,000 or so
There was only 3000 on his bike when he passed away, so probably around 2000 with the Reband.

"Reband and Carp are 2 inch primaries that are shorter." This is incorrect. Reband pipes have 1 3/4" primaries and also bear in mind the 2 inch primaries on the Carp pipe are slipped onto a 1 3/4 id alloy slug which fits into into the port. The fitment of the Reband pipes has improved dramatically over the last approx year. They have a new employee who is an excellent welder/fitter. I noticed it immeadiately I fitted some a while back, to a customers bike.

Fitting the rebands is a bit like...what come first....the chicken or the egg?......the rear footpeg cover can't be fitted with the down pipes in situ....and the silencer can't be fitted with footpeg cover in situ .......I had to leave 1 screw out which is not noticeable....new gaskets are a "must" ....it all sealed 100% at the end

I couldn't be happier with my CES exhaust. It might of been one of the best fitting aftermarket exhausts I've ever put on. 10 minute job. For me personally the sound is perfect and I couldn't agree more with Claviger's description of its sound. I love how it's not blowing me away at cruising speed but she barks when you get on her. I would buy it again in a second. A high quality product.

Last edited:
I e-mailed Leslie from CES and she sent me this picture (with many others) of what is available. I love the looks of this setup and am seriously considering the CES (along with Carp's sidewinder). She seems to not want offer full stainless steel header pipes, so I have to ask. Does anyone have any problems with rust popping through the mild steel ceramic headers? I also wanted the O2 bung hidden behind the exhaust and not visible from the side, which she was not sure could be done. Anyone have the O2 sensor hidden? Could anyone steer me to the person who ones this setup as I would like to discuss the setup with him?
Just got an e-mail from Leslie (what a sweet girl). Unfortunately, they cannot make a pipe like Bruce's as it was a custom one off. They also do not do stainless, and only offer black and silver. Bummer! Looks like Carp might sale another of his twisty headers. Did I read the Carp pipe has a 1.75" ID flange on the header plate? I wonder if I can get the primaries made in 1.75", stepped up to 2" into the collector and have a local welder weld the first primary pipes inside the header flange. Looking at the picture, seems there are three weld joints. This may make for a stepper pipe. 1 3/4 into 1 7/8 into 2 into the collector. Maybe help the torque in the lower RPM range and spread the torque out? Anyone with header experience think this is wise? This crazy idea will also rid the springs on the header plate and only have springs on the collector. Of course I will discuss this with Bob C. and get his opinion of the matter.

"Reband and Carp are 2 inch primaries that are shorter." This is incorrect. Reband pipes have 1 3/4" primaries and also bear in mind the 2 inch primaries on the Carp pipe are slipped onto a 1 3/4 id alloy slug which fits into into the port. The fitment of the Reband pipes has improved dramatically over the last approx year. They have a new employee who is an excellent welder/fitter. I noticed it immeadiately I fitted some a while back, to a customers bike.

Thank you Neville for correcting that, very glad someone who's had hands on with all mentioned came in and posted!

This is a longer than standard muffler with 2.25, visibly, almost no difference aND the torque curves from mine and Bruce's dyno are almost identical, right down to the slight dip at the 3600-4100 RPM range (can't be felt by the but dyno).

Volume wise, it's very liveable and we'll mannered ...until you decide to wind it up. Over about 60% throttle it takes on a whole different sound, and flat out it is quite loud, but I really like that at 25mph I can talk with a pillion over my shoulder and then when I want turn all heads nearby with the go stick to make it louder.
20160208_190746.jpg
Hay big guy" how can I get a set of those fat ass handle bars, they look sweet!

Back