Who is the proud owner of this exhaust?

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
I e-mailed Leslie from CES and she sent me this picture (with many others) of what is available. I love the looks of this setup and am seriously considering the CES (along with Carp's sidewinder). She seems to not want offer full stainless steel header pipes, so I have to ask. Does anyone have any problems with rust popping through the mild steel ceramic headers? I also wanted the O2 bung hidden behind the exhaust and not visible from the side, which she was not sure could be done. Anyone have the O2 sensor hidden? Could anyone steer me to the person who ones this setup as I would like to discuss the setup with him?

R3[1].jpg ces2.jpg

That is my bike. The exhaust is the first of the current design CES. Being the first it had input from Trevor (CES) Les (Ozrider) who has the first CES exhaust and me. The O2 sensor hidden was part of my input. When it came time to make a jig to mass produce them some things got changed. Some prospective buyers wanted to be able to run stock mufflers or other mufflers that had been designed to fit stock headers. The header tailpipe was changed to match up to the original position. The production exhaust has a slight S bend to match up with the CES muffler that mine doesn't have. Somewhere in the process the O2 sensor got moved to the original position. My ceramic coating is holding up OK except it has gone dull on the first bend out of the head on all 3 pipes from the heat. They say you can polish it back to new but I'm living with it as I figure it will only go dull again.

I have CES as well, they are a really nice piece of kit.

I ordered the black coating, and live very close to the beach. Where I live everything rusts, including the stock triumph chrome parts on the rocket within six months of delivery. The CES pipes had some minor rust occur, however I think it had more to do with botched coating application. I have since had them recoated and no rusting has appeared since.

Concerning O2 placement, its pretty much in the optimal position where it is, not sure sure there is a good spot that is out of sight.

I am actually considering selling mine in the near future. While I really like them, I am going the Carpenter route for engine work, and I find it flawed logic to pay for the 265 kit and leave the CES pipes on. The sidewinder wasn't available when I bought my CES.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is my bike. The exhaust is the first of the current design CES. Being the first it had input from Trevor (CES) Les (Ozrider) who has the first CES exhaust and me. The O2 sensor hidden was part of my input. When it came time to make a jig to mass produce them some things got changed. Some prospective buyers wanted to be able to run stock mufflers or other mufflers that had been designed to fit stock headers. The header tailpipe was changed to match up to the original position. The production exhaust has a slight S bend to match up with the CES muffler that mine doesn't have. Somewhere in the process the O2 sensor got moved to the original position. My ceramic coating is holding up OK except it has gone dull on the first bend out of the head on all 3 pipes from the heat. They say you can polish it back to new but I'm living with it as I figure it will only go dull again.
Hey Bruce,
Understand this is your exhaust? I was told it is a 2" diameter with longer than normal muffler (requested for quietness). I am wanting your exact look, but in a 2.25", with shields, and coated with satin titanium ceramic finish. She also stated this is your dyno numbers. Does this look familiar? Oh, and is your setup quiet?

Attachments

• CES Racing Rocket Exhaust 1st B.[1].jpg
    CES Racing Rocket Exhaust 1st B.[1].jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 4

Mine also has gone dull, but no rust or bare metal.
I have also bought and tried a cleaner that CES recommended, without success.
The header is HOT in slow traffic! Once over 20mph or so, NO problemas.
Despite the above, I L-O-V-E what this header does for my performance.
When/if I need another, I shall go back to OZ!

Hey Bruce,
Understand this is your exhaust? I was told it is a 2" diameter with longer than normal muffler (requested for quietness). I am wanting your exact look, but in a 2.25", with shields, and coated with satin titanium ceramic finish. She also stated this is your dyno numbers. Does this look familiar? Oh, and is your setup quiet?

I believe 2" is the size out of the head.
I also had the angle of the muffler lowered and tucked inward better to allow more room for larger panniers and MORE ground clearance!

I have CES exhaust (black) on my Roadster. Still looking good a year or so in. Best product on the market I reckon

Mine dulled off too, but still looked good. I think if I was going to do it again - I'd start by buying another Rocket first ;) and then I'd go for a finish that started out more like it would look after a while. Something similar to the look of the brushed pipes on the new Street Twin or Thruxton R if possible. Or satin black. Trying to replicate a chrome finish is admirable but a bit of a waste of time IMO, given the inevitable outcome.

Back