Good news, thanks! Already waiting for a set now, but great to have confirmation the Cobras will work even in wide whitewall.
What did you pay for Avon cobra white walls& where did you get them.

Hey!
After getting a gander at that RT of Ballyono, I was pretty impressed with the look of two whitewalls on a touring.
However, I still believe you need two to balance out the look.

Hey!
After getting a gander at that RT of Ballyono, I was pretty impressed with the look of two whitewalls on a touring.
However, I still believe you need two to balance out the look.

I do agree it looks even better. Except seems like my choices are getting bias-ply whitewalls by some other manufacturer (not enthused off hand), going one white/one blackwall or just blackwalls. Decisions, decisions...

I would be concerned about the OLD bridgstones , after all they recalled them for a reason , i never had a problem with them , but then again trhey were replaced early under recall . The metz they replaced them with were good , they stuck well and handled well in the wet , but the mileage was ****e ,
I found the rear would only give 5-7000 klm and the front would start to cup well before it wore out .

The last 2 tyre changes i've gone back to the NEW exedra max and been very happy , i found it to be the slippiest tyre i've ever used when it was put on but 2-300 klm later it was good , it sticks well , good in the wet , and i got 11000 klm out of my rear and 13000 klm out of the front , thats the best i've ever had ,

Regards the white walls , i'm not sure but i think they do them in a bias i would'nt be too concerned over putting them on , a dealer put a set on mine (bias ) by mistake and i took off on a 7000 klm journey he assured me that they would be ok , has long has i did'nt sit on 100 mph all day , i sat on 1000 klm days at 120 -130 klm ph and had no problem with them , in fact there still in the shed , i changed them to go on another long journey and they was too much tread left to throw them away .

In fact to be honest considering there so much cheaper i don't really know why i don't just run a bias tyre all the time .

Although after following my mate on his tourer through the hills , and seeing how its made NO DIFFERENCE to him , i'm even thinking DARKSIDE ,, but we'll leave that one alone for another day ,:roll:

I was considering bias for a while, the Michelin Commander II's for the high mileage they should get. Then, the Metzeler Marathon 880 in whitewall bias. But now it just chaps my ass I can't get the Avon radials... but still, people say good things about the blackwall Cobras as well, so I may ride another season on blackwalls at this rate if all else fails.

I may try this on my rear tire. It's so cheap I figure why not?
http://www.mooneyesusa.com/product-p/ww14.htm

I'm a little leery about shoving stuff in there between the tire wall and the rim, to be honest, especially on the rear. At least the whitewall tires are designed like that so shouldn't get issues with flapping white rubber bits coming off and tangling or whatever the worst case paranoid scenario is. :)

Finally! The tires have shipped from a place in the UK. My vacation wound up happening late this year so I've been gingerly riding on my kind of worn out Metzelers, because I got irrationally attached to the idea of having Cobra Whitewalls on the bike this year. Looks like things will, hopefully, work out, should have them by the end of next week.

Oh, found them at http://www.mandp.co.uk - been quite impressed so far with their customer service, even though it took a while before Avon actually supplied tires compared to them being listed on the site. Not sure how many they have, but anyone in Europe looking might try them. Shipping costs were also quite reasonable.

Just put on the Avon cobras. 3 days and put a hole in rear tire .smh.. Had to replace it.

Back