I finished the "Lower 48" Continental States in 2014 on my 2005 Triumph Rocket - basically in 10 riding seasons after a failed attempt in 2013.
Since then I've done 30 States more than once, added 1 trip to Ontario Canada and 1 trip into Mexico.

map.png

That may sound impressive but you can actually complete the 'Lower 48' in 10 days!! No dilly dallying, no chit chatting, no side trips etc.

Here is one mans route to obtain the Iron Butt 48 States Challenge award:

lower48-in-10days.jpg
2005 RIII - 16  year trip routes as of 5-1-2020.jpg

Here is my psycho spaghetti inefficient way to do them all!!!
Come on ......a bit more poor starving artistic effort required matey!
Unless your an illiterate hobo you should have at least a can or two of Alphabet spaghetti to get those States covered for us optically and geographically challenged. ;):roll::roll:

1612845326952.png

This ones for @BigNorm ;) :inlove , not sure where he went.
1612845199671.png

1612845571479.png

I finished the "Lower 48" Continental States in 2014 on my 2005 Triumph Rocket - basically in 10 riding seasons after a failed attempt in 2013.
Since then I've done 30 States more than once, added 1 trip to Ontario Canada and 1 trip into Mexico.

map.png
Ah, now, we're talk'n!

How was Mexico? Where all did you go? Would you recommend it? Would you recommend it on the Rocket?

Ah, now, we're talk'n!

How was Mexico? Where all did you go? Would you recommend it? Would you recommend it on the Rocket?

I've only been to Puerto Penasco on the bike. It was 1.5 hours from Organ Pipe Cactus NP where I was camped.
It was a Recon run but I wish I had gone back with the camper and stayed on the beach for a week or two. Next year...

Personally I spent 2.5 years in Mexico City working and have been to Tijuana, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán, Manzanillo, Veracruz, Cozumel, Cancun x 3, Queretaro, Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Taxco, Tulum, Chichén Itzá, and Puebla on vacations over many years. Go.

I've never had any serious issues but have always wondered what they were jabbering about.

Here are videos entering the Malecon waterfront area and a quick walkabout. This is the main area with tons of bars and restaurants.

There are some pictures in my Moto Hobo thread highlighting sights on my Gypsy Vagabond wanderings.

Last edited:
Back