Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
I saw @Joesmoe signature with "States Visited So Far" link and thought I'd map out where all I've been on a motorcycle.
There are plenty of free places to chart this. I used Create Your Visited States and Provinces Map. I'm sure you folks in Europe and elsewhere have similar websites.

So, where all have you ridden?
map.png

I'm hoping to add the northern most central and western states, western Canada, and Alaska (pending the Canadian border opening) this summer. If all goes well, it might look something like this...

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 8.09.04 AM.png

Last edited:
I see you don't have California in your sights. Maybe a good thing. It's the only state other than NY where you can pull up to a red traffic signal, stop and before it turns green look down and be on blocks.
Not this trip, but I'd definitely like to do Hwy 1. I saw a big chunk of it near Big Sur fell into the sea recently.
1612815123608.png

Last edited:
I saw @Joesmoe signature with "States Visited So Far" link and thought I'd map out where all I've been on a motorcycle.
There are plenty of free places to chart this. I used Create Your Visited States and Provinces Map. I'm sure you folks in Europe and elsewhere have similar websites.

So, where all have you ridden?
map.png

I'm hoping to add the northern most central and western states, western Canada, and Alaska (pending the Canadian border opening) this summer. If all goes well, it might look something like this...

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 8.09.04 AM.png
Pretty impressive what you have covered on the eastern half of the U.S. Can't help but notice you are leaving out the great state of Missouri. The southern half of the state has some great riding in the Ozarks. I would love to ride to all the states some day.

Pretty impressive what you have covered on the eastern half of the U.S. Can't help but notice you are leaving out the great state of Missouri. The southern half of the state has some great riding in the Ozarks. I would love to ride to all the states some day.
I do plan to hit them all. Now, I've visited other states such as Missouri and California by other means, but just including where I've ridden. The Canada and S.E US trip was on a 2007 Bonneville T100 with camping gear ;-). I didn't "know no better" and it was an amazing experience.

I finished the "Lower 48" Continental States in 2014 on my 2005 Triumph Rocket - basically in 10 riding seasons after a failed attempt in 2013.
Since then I've done 30 States more than once, added 1 trip to Ontario Canada and 1 trip into Mexico.

map.png

That may sound impressive but you can actually complete the 'Lower 48' in 10 days!! No dilly dallying, no chit chatting, no side trips etc.

Here is one mans route to obtain the Iron Butt 48 States Challenge award:

lower48-in-10days.jpg
2005 RIII - 16  year trip routes as of 5-1-2020.jpg

Here is my psycho spaghetti inefficient way to do them all!!!

Last edited:
Back