Where is the best place to get a Tuneboy?

BigWillie

Supercharged
Ride
08 R3 Touring, HD Dyna
I was just looking around to check the prices on these things and saw anywhere from 260 euros to almost $500. That is a lot of money to get a little more power and fix a couple of things that don't really make for a problem. Is this the normal price range and is it worth the money? Does it actually make that big a difference and is it useful in other ways than just getting more power out of the bike? Is it restricted to one motorcycle or can I use it on my R3T and then say a Speed Triple I might pick up in the future? Just wondering about these things and the website doesn't really explain it. Thanks for any info.

I have been looking at a Tuneboy system and don't think thy are too badly priced, I considered making up the USB to OBD2 plug and downloading the software to just be able to clear faults and stuff. But its the Tune Edit I think will be the bonus to it all. This allows remaps etc.

It does seem a lot for essentailly a CD, cable and key, but the guy at Tuneboy in Aussie spent a lot of time and effort developing the software cracking the computer coding system and packaging it to make it user freindly so I think he's entitled to his dues, 500 bucks is not a lot when your buying software alone, look at Microsofts prices.

If you swap to another bike (triumph) for the tune edit you will need another key,as the key is based on the VIN number I think (may be wrong about this) but the basic software will still work.

My biggest problem is convincing my fiance' that I need this.:D

I think it will also save time and money by not having to take the bike to the dealer a lot for silly things that they fix in five minutes and charge moonbeams for with their computer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the responses. I hadn't thought about being able to fix some problems down the road as well as edit the settings. It is a long way to the dealer. I just want to make sure if I get another bike I would have to spend the money again. Your right the guy is entitled to fair compensation for what he has done and I don't begrudge him that. Even a program from MS can be put on a new computer. Just wanted to make sure. Took my snorkel off to day but haven't had a chance to try it out as it started raining. Guess I better start saving those pennies.

Thanks for the heads up on the computer but all my laptops are Dell. Now where to get the money to buy one. The forum for the groups didn't seem to have any going.

Waste of money, IMNSHO. Most folks that have problems are the ones that start screwing with stuff that they have little knowledge about. The worst thing you can do, IMO, is to read internet forums regarding engine mods and start trying to emulate what you read. Adding chrome and comfort accessories is one thing, but generally when shade tree know it alls start screwing with their engines, that's when problems start. The companies that sell that stuff is going to fill your head with all kinds of crap. Why? Because they're to sell you something. The **** thing puts out more horse power and torque than you could ever use legally. Why screw with it?

Just my .02 worth...

Back