Where do you store things on the Rocket?

DANNO sir:

I heard the Leatherlykes will be fine for storage until you hit some bumpy roads at which time they will stress break the mounts (when loaded) and voluntarily jettison themselves from the bike while you are riding merrily along completely unaware that your personal possessions (and rain soaked maps of Iowa) are somewhere along the side of the road, probably in a ditch.:)

To that end, under no circumstances visit Michigan. The roads are so bumpy and potholed that your bags won't last 5 minutes after crossing the State line. I-75 between the Michigan line and Detroit looks like and feels like a bombed out runway.:eek:

If you unscrew the under seat air tunnel , or snorkel, and pitch it you will have lots of room under the seat. I stuff items; tools, earplugs, papers, etc. in a zipper bag.

DANNO sir:

I heard the Leatherlykes will be fine for storage until you hit some bumpy roads at which time they will stress break the mounts (when loaded) and voluntarily jettison themselves from the bike while you are riding merrily along completely unaware that your personal possessions (and rain soaked maps of Iowa) are somewhere along the side of the road, probably in a ditch.:)

The mounts are large diameter aluminum bolts machined at one end to accept a retaining pin. The bags attach by putting the bolts through holes with rubber grommets and then securing the retaining pins (two per bag). After 46k on my leatherlykes (nearly always fully loaded), and lots of bumpy roads, the bags have remained attached and there is no sign of stress cracks.

Also I have dropped my Rocket twice....once to the left and once to the right, with no damage.....the leatherlykes and engine guards saw to that.

Back