Where can I find all service bulletins for R3 ?

You can go to the site below and enter your VIN. Since a lot of these lucky SOBs (I say that because I'm sitting here at work while they ride) are heading to Maggie Valley, SC this weekend for Rockets Across America IV, there probably won't be alot of action or replies on here until next week..

Recall and TSB Checker by VIN
Link Removed

Geeze Dave, I'm at home too. I feel like a bump on a log but the HD gets the sidecar tomorow morning and I promised and when I did, I forgot about Maggie Valley. I guess I'll buy the saspirilla next year.....

Not all the TSB or recalls will show up. The upgrade TSB's won't show on the website. The upgrade, because it's a silent recall at Triumph's discretion, can only be accessed by a Triumph Technician calling Triumph (in the United States) at Newman Georgia and supplying the VIN over the phone. I have no idea how Europe works.

I put my vin on the site and the gear position sensor did not come up but what it did say was that they're bulletins on my bike and to take it to a dealer. This is different than when I did this for the tire recall. So there's more going on but it doesnt show up.

Im bummed I couldnt make maggie valley. My vacation picks are done in oct-nov so I have to plan ahead!:mad: Hopefully one of these trips will jive with my schedule.

mutt

Triumph's got a secret..... it's what's wrong with your bike!

I did the VIN number thing too. And got the same generic message.

My bike was in the shop for it's break-in service yesterday and undergoing chromatic suplimentation (installing my chrome). The dealership called and told me that there was a recall and they would get the part from another store and have it done along with the other work before I was to pick it up.

They called just as I was leaving to pick up my bike and said that they wouldn't have the part until Tues and that they should keep the bike until it was replaced. Since I had plans to ride this weekend, I tried looking up info on the recall but could find nothing online. I called the shop and had the tech read some of the bulletin to me over the phone (he couldn't send me a softcopy).

From what he said, it seemed that the gear indication could be faulty (due to the sensor). The only indication we have on the touring model is the light and I don't trust it fully anyway so it's unlikely to bite me in the ass. I find neutral mostly by feel and use the light to confirm. So I decided to pick up my bike anyway against their wishes.

Just as well, when I was there they said that there is a backorder because of the recall and they probably wouldn't see the part for a couple of weeks.

If anyone has any additional information on this issue, I'd like to confirm that it isn't a sensor that tells the fuel injection which gear you are in (as I could see that would cause more serious issues). But given that the description states "indication" this shouldn't be the case.

So based on the info I have now, it didn't seem like enough of a risk to lose two weeks worth of riding. As soon as they produce the part, I'll take it in to get replaced.

Bobebob

If anyone has any additional information on this issue, I'd like to confirm that it isn't a sensor that tells the fuel injection which gear you are in (as I could see that would cause more serious issues). But given that the description states "indication" this shouldn't be the case.

From looking at bikebandit, the service manual, and what I would told by a dealer last weekend it is the gear position sensor. However as far as fueling goes, only the timing is affected by the gear. And if the bike is running fine then there should not be a problem.:)

I would doubt that they send out a letter and do a full fledged NSHTA recall, it is probably more of a service bulletin or TSB.

Back