What would you call a normal level of driveline noise?

The TPS started playing up again so I have a new replacement on its way. The triumph guys had said there didnt seem to be anything wrong with it and it just needed recalibrated when they did the service but not too bothered about that as it was only playing up intermittently and these things can be very hard to diagnose when you only get handed a bike for a day for a brief test ride before pulling it apart for a service. At least it is a simple thing to change. Had to order a new battery as well, the one in the bike was coming up on four years old and although it had enough grunt left to start the bike I was having trouble connecting with tuneecu as the battery voltage is on the low side. And of course, one needs to be able to talk to tuneecu to srt up a new tps. Its funny the way these things always present themselves on the run up to christmas.
Just out of interest , how many valves needed adjustment ?

I dont actually know, the mechanic who carried out the adjustment wasnt there when I went to pick the bike up. I had also asked if they could hold onto the old spark plugs for me so I could get a look at them but they must have forgotten.............. oh well

When doing the valve adjustment, if any shims need to be replaced, ask for the old ones. I have kept all my 25 mm shims from previous bikes and have been able to use some of my old stock rather than purchase new. Triumph doesn't give those things away.

Also, you shouldn't have to ask for any parts that were replaced. A good dealership should have the old parts for you to inspect, at least to prove that they were changed.

Back