What type of electrical connectors are used on the Rocket 3r

Pauls999

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 R
I'm just putting on a tail tidy to my Rocket 3r but I have a little issue.
The existing wiring loom for the stock tail lights and indicators is too long for the new position for the indicators under the seat and then too short to reach the number plate on the rear hub. So the easiest and tidiest way is to make a new loom but I haven't seen the connector they use before. I'm assuming they are standard in the auto industry but does anyone know the type or the maker of the connectors so I could look them up and get hold of the 4 way and round ones. I want to keep the original loom intact in case I have to put the stock tail on at some time in the future.
I've included a picture for reference. The 4 way is the main connector to the main loom the round ones are the indicators. The tail light is the 2 way which you cant see into but I can replace that as the new tail light has standard bullet connectors.
wiring-loom-connectors.jpg

The existing wiring loom for the stock tail lights and indicators is too long for the new position for the indicators under the seat and then too short to reach the number plate on the rear hub. So the easiest and tidiest way is to make a new loom but I haven't seen the connector they use before. I'm assuming they are standard in the auto industry but does anyone know the type or the maker of the connectors so I could look them up and get hold of the 4 way and round ones. I want to keep the original loom intact in case I have to put the stock tail on at some time in the future.
I've included a picture for reference. The 4 way is the main connector to the main loom the round ones are the indicators. The tail light is the 2 way which you cant see into but I can replace that as the new tail light has standard bullet connectors.

I think they are called Deutsch Connectors. (the black ones anyway) All the manufacturers seem to use them now and they are purchased in bits and you crimp or solder the wires in then fix the plug and socket together by hand.

Found the little buggers, their not Deutsch Connectors, well not the 4-way ones, they are JST (Japan Solderless Terminals) 04T-JWPF-VSLE-S, I found a set on eBay.
As for the round ones, I still don't know the name of them but I found them on eBay again, they seem to be a standard for fitting the indicators on triumphs.
Just in case anyone else is having trouble with these here are the eBay links

I think they are called Deutsch Connectors. (the black ones anyway) All the manufacturers seem to use them now and they are purchased in bits and you crimp or solder the wires in then fix the plug and socket together by hand.
Deutsch Connectors were what i had to use on my Harley. They looked similar. Trouble is there are too many variations these days.

How did you remove the rear plastic part where the light goes? I’m having problems and cant take that off

How did you remove the rear plastic part where the light goes? I’m having problems and cant take that off
I need help removing the plastic around the tail light. I want to paint that part and I can’t take it off. Do you have an idea?

Attachments

• 22D8785F-E3C3-4D97-99C0-ABB8F68C170E.jpeg
    22D8785F-E3C3-4D97-99C0-ABB8F68C170E.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 19
Back