What tools do you carry?

There are areas where I travel which don't have cell phone coverage...... Also, I hate waiting for someone to show up for help when I can usually fix it myself. Also, my ride is a 2012.

My experience and sentiment as well. ...and sometimes it's something small; like having a mirror come loose. I did lose a throttle grip (throttle cable ripped out) in the middle of nowhere Montana and was back up and running in about 20 min. No rescue needed... :thumbsup:
-MIG

Does the R3 come with 2 year roadside assistance in the US? Anyone knows? I would call my insurance company but if bike comes with it, I'd call Triumph.
Most insurance company's with additional roadside coverage usually give you two 'towing charges' per year with zero out of pocket or worrying about rates going up. It may be more depending on ones policy. Depending how long of a time you want to spend along side of the road if calling Triumph is an option. I mean, they do respond from the UK. ;)

Sods law will have it that no matter how many tools you carry the one you need will be the one you don't have. Triumph include two years breakdown cover with a new bike, so why carry any?
I never ever heard of any Motorcycle company in North america give out Roadside assist! they do for cars!

Two years Triumph Assist included in the UK. It will no doubt be hidden in the price of the bike, but it is nice to have peace of mind should anything happen.
Screenshot 2021-02-16 074640.png

General question - the Rocket 3 2020 tools supplied with the bike are let's say - poor. What do you carry on your bikes for that " just in case " moment? Post pics of your recommendations
There is'nt a lot you can fix on the roadside on the motorcycles of today apart from a loose nut or bolt so i carry a couple of torx drivers, a crosshead and a flat blade driver and a small adjustable spanner. Then i rely on breakdown assistance. (luckily i hav'nt needed it yet)

I've A CruzTools Kit . A starter battery pac , a couple of tire changings rods . Mini air compressor , a flat tire kit . Set of custom jumper cables . I've used the tools to help fellow bikers on the road but never for myself . a sleeping bag , mini camp stove ,one man tent , and basically everything but the kitchen sink . That's what happens when you install a top case in the rear . I've had the bike for 4 yrs & haven't used anything but the tent & sleeping bag for overnite road adventures for myself .

You forgot the beer.

I never ever heard of any Motorcycle company in North america give out Roadside assist! they do for cars!
You are correct, i found that out the hard way a few years back on RAA Monteose, the engine in the wife’s Spyder decide to desintegrate in the middle of nowhere, i called my insurance and told them to srnd me roadside assistance, they said i did not have it😡Triple AAA on the other hand,, the best 145 dollars i spend every year😁

You are correct, i found that out the hard way a few years back on RAA Monteose, the engine in the wife’s Spyder decide to desintegrate in the middle of nowhere, i called my insurance and told them to srnd me roadside assistance, they said i did not have it😡Triple AAA on the other hand,, the best 145 dollars i spend every year😁
We had AAA for over 20 years; which included 200 miles of towing... but move after move around the country it became more and more painful to keep my current policy. Fortunately, I found AMA (American Motorcycle Association) and though it's only 35 miles, it saved me (in my classic car) without issue.
-MIG

Back