britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
Since I reside in an area where I ride the only R/3, I would be interested in hearing some of the strangest questions you have been asked about your bike. For me they are;
A. Is that half of a Boss Hog?
B. Is that a V-Rod? (That's from the village idiot)
c. How many cylinders does that thing have?
D. Triumph, I thought they went of business.
I could go on, but I'm sure there are some better ones out there. Finally, do you know what you get when you cross a 900lb. mountain gorillia with a parrot? You get a cracker when ever it **** well wants one!!!!!!

Here's a few:

That's a Harley Davidson isn't it?

Triumph?!?!?, Your bike looks so new though for a company that's been out of business so long.:eek:

What kind of bike is that? A Triumph, a what,..... a TRIUMPH, I didn't hear you, a what,.....A TRIUMPH,.... Triumph?!?!, they still make those?????

Is it fast?!?

That tire is huge!!!!

Triumph? They still make them? I thought they went out of business years ago?

Addendum....

Some more:

If it falls over, how do you pick it up.....(a guy at work)

It weighs less than my Dyna Glide..... (my riding partner)
Your Dyna has about as much power as my starter motor...(me)

You could have bought a Gold Wing for less.....(a Gold Winger at work)
I could have, but then, everybody that don't have a Hardley has a wing and they all seem to be overweight and sedetary. Come to think of it, a large percentage of HD folks fit that image too.

Gawd, that rear tire is big, betcha it's a big price too.....(one of my customers).

That's a nice fu**'in bike....(my boss)

I'm going to get one just as soon as my wife lets me....(my other riding partner with a VTX). Buy her a diamond, get yourself a Rocket. Diamonds are a womens best friend, the R3 is an old farts best friend.:cool:

What is that,a 6cylinder?How many?Sure is big.What kind of harley is that?How big?You gotta be sH#@*me.Find out more tomorrow and record them from harley guys.Should be fun.:D

How about..."so how do you like your Honda Rune..?":flame:

I do get tired of explaining about Triumph being back in business yada yada yada.

Who says you can get a Goldwing for the same price.....I don't think so....at least 19 grand for a new goldwing and that is at a big discount. But I guess after adding all the accessories most of us add....still....goldwings don't have any soul.

Have resigned myself. Now, I politely explain that mine IS a one-off, custom-built bike: And I point to:

"One fourth of an Aston-Martin DB9 V12 engine painstakingly cut to size and attached to a modified Honda Gold Wing trans and forced into a stretched Norton Featherbed frame, with a Suzuki Hayabusa frontfork, Kawasaki Z10 brakes, a re-padded Honda Valkyrie seat, BMW K750 electronics, a modified Ducati Mostro mini fairing, leftover Triumph tank badges, plenty of miscellaneous HD cycle parts including standard Sportster shocks (mmmh...), a chopped Ultra Classic tank and elongated Screamin' Eagle pipes... and an Arlan Ness rear light unit".

Can't you SEE? I ask them:cool: .

Last edited:
Back