What happened here?

I tend to agree with the things this fellow says too. I disagree on the idea of tying to block a cager by riding the right track of the left most lanes. I feel one has more time to react if you are not next to the car coming into your lane. Lane blocking does not work in DC area traffic. Law of tonnage prevails at sea and when a car meets a motorcycle. Being able to slow or speed up is the best defense around here IMHO.
As for the right side being the passing lane, I recently wrote to VDOT about the problem of local freeways here where people seem to camp out in the left lane and do not pull back to the right after passing a slower driver. I for one tend to ride slightly quicker than the herd and find that to maintain my desired speed, I must pass on the right because people either do not care about the law or do not realize they are in the left lane blocking faster vehicles. I asked VDOT to put up signs to reminding drivers that slower traffic is to keep right. VDOT responded that they will look into the issue. Two months later, still no signs and still more people pass on the right than the left.
Now about the rider in your video, next episode, will he address the safest type of riding shorts?

We have those signs (stay right except to pass) and they don't work at all. Left lane dic is a left lane dic!

Every now and then a cop pulls one over, but not to often.

Back