What do you use to clean your scoot?

Excellent replies fellas! Thanks for the advice. Lots to go off of and since this is my first zero mileage bike, I'd like to try and start off on a good note (i.e not strip paint or as flip says setup aluminum to oxidize).

For those who dont use water, I never thought of that and be sure I will try most of these suggestions to see whats right for me. Unfortunately where I live not using water might not work out. but ya never know. Im all for riding not washing.

The main interest would be keeping the windsheild from getting all scratched so that will be a focus. Looks like plexus is a leader. And rainx could help too.

mutt

Careful with Rain-X. A few have had issues with "hazing" some types of polycaronate.
Good non-cleaning wax also works very well on screens.

Zep 40 and bounty select a size paper towels and Hot wheels car wax. Never used water. The zep 40 works great on all surfaces and is the best thing I've found for bugs.

After seeing how corroded my spark plugs were after two years, I will be putting something over the cam cover to keep water from getting in the spark plug wells.

Yknow Pig9r you have a good point!
Triumph says to bag the muffler ends and rubber band them, and also to bag the electrics at the clutch and brake levers. But nothing about water getting into the plug wells. If ya dont ride it right away abd burn that water off its only natural to rust up. Ill add that to the list. I dont think ill bag the mufflers and ill be careful with any water around the levers!!:D

mutt

Capt Richard's Best

I've been using this stuff on my Harleys for years and you just can't beat it. Spray the cleaner/polish on a damp microfiber, rub it on the bike (you can use it on every part), then just before it dries, polish with a clean, dry microfiber. It comes up incredible, really brings out the depth of the paint. I do one soap and water wash on my bike a year - the first one after winter to get all the WD-40 off. Here's the website if you wanna try it (used to be called BOM - same product now Capt Richard's Best):
Captain Richards Best Cleaning and Polishing Products

Mike

I've tried lots of products and most give the same results.

I use a California Duster to dust the bike every few days.

I use a wet rag to wipe off the grime, bugs, etc., then a microfiber towel to buff.

I use the Honda spray cleaner / polish to shine up.

I use the Meguiars chrome polish, and the same brand of mag / aluminum polish for the wheels.

I do use 'Bike Brite' from the HD store when I wash with water. Once a month or two.

I find that if I keep up on the cleaning, I get it done quickly. More time to ride.

Back