What did you do to your Rocket today?

Brahma is getting new shoes today after 13,300 miles and an ABS flush.
20200215_103547.jpg
20200215_085051.jpg
Exedra Max, not to bad on the front, the back is smooth down the center though.

Well Brahma gets to stay the week. While flushing the master cylinder, they discovered it has completely failed. This was going out on me already so it is time to rebuild it. They gave me a 2009 BMW F800ST for a loaner. I'm not sure I want to write a review of this bike even with only 11K miles on it. I think I know why so few, it is a killer on my lower back after an hour plus ride home. Truly not a long distance bike as built.

Just before I left on this work trip, Brahma's new RamAir filter arrived. I also just ordered a complete Viking Dual system but that will take a few months to get here. So, looks like Brahma will get to breath better now that he is finally good and broke in...

Vinyl wrapped my flyscreen. I know it looks orange, but it's red. Really close match to the stripes. It's not perfect, if you look close you can see wrinkles. Took me 3 tries to get it that good. Hard to hold the flyscreen, stretch the vinyl, hold heatgun, and use squeegee to get the air out. Had to recruit the wife to help, she did better than I did. Vinyl only cost me $20 and if I decide I don't like it I can just peel it off.
IMAG0688.jpg

Well I was ambitious today!
Charged up the batteries on Kong and YurMama.
The sun peeked out in Washington State and shamed me into giving Kong a good wash.
I hadn't washed or ridden it since returning from Texas last October. Shame on me!
Spoke with Rob today about engine work on YurMama and exhaust REAL ceramic coating possibilities.
I've learned that what is called "ceramic" on popular exhaust systems is NOT.
Tis actually Cerakote (like what is used on guns) and wears out after the high heat usage on a header exhaust system.

Well I was ambitious today!
Charged up the batteries on Kong and YurMama.
The sun peeked out in Washington State and shamed me into giving Kong a good wash.
I hadn't washed or ridden it since returning from Texas last October. Shame on me!
Spoke with Rob today about engine work on YurMama and exhaust REAL ceramic coating possibilities.
I've learned that what is called "ceramic" on popular exhaust systems is NOT.
Tis actually Cerakote (like what is used on guns) and wears out after the high heat usage on a header exhaust system.

Back