What did you do to your Rocket today?

I think it looks better with the chrome showing, definitely stands out with red rims.
What seat do you have on your roadster?

I think it looks better with the chrome showing, definitely stands out with red rims.
What seat do you have on your roadster?

I think so too, black and red was too much.

And seat is the standard seat, so is pillion, I just removed the pointless strap. Sissy bar is triumph with a cheap seat pad from China because the triumph one to fit is discontinued.

Wheels fitted, clear lenses fitted. I am being honest when I say I don’t immediately like them :) the colour, candy apple red, looks great in the right light but not today as it’s bobbins here. I kinda wish I had gone with my gut feeling and not listened to others but hey ho, you makes your choices eh?

I had blacked out the fork guards and fender emblem. Removing the wrap and putting them back to chrome made it look a lot better, lightens it up a bit. It looks better than it did. What do you think?

blacked out fork protectors and embellished doodad

then removed the wrap and think it looks better, breaks it up a bit.

It gives it a little pizzazz... well done! :thumbsup:
-MIG

Strip down. Need new tires.was thinking about the Bridgestone G852 and 701’s only ever had Metzler
Also want to check headstock bearings due to a wobble I have at about 45mph with hands of bars. Not sure if it’s tire or bearing related or something else. sending the fork tubes to be checked to rule any of that out

Attachments

• F2766D5B-8BD1-4F7F-8C3A-078280EFB3C5.jpeg
    F2766D5B-8BD1-4F7F-8C3A-078280EFB3C5.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 7
Wheels fitted, clear lenses fitted. I am being honest when I say I don’t immediately like them :) the colour, candy apple red, looks great in the right light but not today as it’s bobbins here. I kinda wish I had gone with my gut feeling and not listened to others but hey ho, you makes your choices eh?

I had blacked out the fork guards and fender emblem. Removing the wrap and putting them back to chrome made it look a lot better, lightens it up a bit. It looks better than it did. What do you think?

blacked out fork protectors and embellished doodad

then removed the wrap and think it looks better, breaks it up a bit.

Go bigger add the same red color with pinstripes on the tank.:thumbsup:

Strip down. Need new tires.was thinking about the Bridgestone G852 and 701’s only ever had Metzler
Also want to check headstock bearings due to a wobble I have at about 45mph with hands of bars. Not sure if it’s tire or bearing related or something else. sending the fork tubes to be checked to rule any of that out

Do not go with a G852 Stone.
Stick with the Exedra Max 240/55R16 85V.

@Timbo
I like your red wheels. :thumbsup:
Agree tis a tad clashy with the black. :confused:
I'd paint your tin red to match. :laugh:

I think the red is only clashing because it is a gloss red against matte black.
Matte black was a fad that has come & gone. Paint the tins phantom black with the red strips and it will not clash

These are the measurements:
Touring bars.jpg

Your bars are just 32" wide, but they should provide over 16" pullback, which is what I am primarily after. So, I shall do a little work to them and mount yours first.
Now to determine the cable and brake line lengths . . .

Just a tip from my experience, if change the bars and the throttle sticks. its likely that the throttle cables just need re-routing slightly (bend radius) I has to reroute mine with very low bars. no big deal just may need to take a light off and move the cable to one side :)

I think the red is only clashing because it is a gloss red against matte black.
Matte black was a fad that has come & gone. Paint the tins phantom black with the red strips and it will not clash

Think you are right there, Matt black is so last year, but paint will have to wait till next winter. The wheels are also metallic but you can’t tell in the pics, will look different if we ever get any sun again.

Back