What did you do to your Rocket today?

Hi,
I recall you describing that steering stabilizer in another of your threads.
Assuming it has 'where-to-get, how-to-install' kinda stuff, can you point me to it?

Thanks

What did I do for Brahma today? I failed in my task.
I decided that Brahma would finally get his new kickstand and safety switch. I let the bike cool off for about 20 minutes after the ride home (that's not enough time by the way), and went out in the near 90 degrees heat to handle the task. (Another by the way, make sure you don't let your dogs walk on this hot pavement! Its flipping HOT to lay on).
I removed the triangle side panel and traced the safety switch. But wait, another by the way moment, why do electro-mechanical engineers hate me? Trying to disconnect this thing almost caused me to utter several foul words! When I did get it unconnected, I discovered that it won't allow me to remove either end due to tight clearance. Do I need to pull the engine to change the switch?!?
Anyway, I decided to remove the kick stand assembly and replace the stand. I got my truck jack out to lift the bike just enough to take the weight off the stand. I did chock the wheels.
So far I've used 2 differ torx heads and now for an alan wrench. One bolt told me to eff off as it ain't gonna move. I used a cheater to no avail. I'm about to get mean with the darn thing when a big drop of water went down my ear canal. The sun is shining bright and hot yet suddenly we have a downpour. (I know Jay is in Maggie Valley so I cant blame him).
Well crap! I have three tool boxes open, parts strewn about and before I can even get to my feet, I am soaked and a small river is forming along the curb. I did get everything picked up and inside as the storm hit with a fury.
I'll try again when it dries up, I do have a few pictures to share once I finish...
By the way, I need a garage really bad...

I decided that Brahma would finally get his new kickstand and safety switch. I let the bike cool off for about 20 minutes after the ride home (that's not enough time by the way), and went out in the near 90 degrees heat to handle the task. (Another by the way, make sure you don't let your dogs walk on this hot pavement! Its flipping HOT to lay on).
I removed the triangle side panel and traced the safety switch. But wait, another by the way moment, why do electro-mechanical engineers hate me? Trying to disconnect this thing almost caused me to utter several foul words! When I did get it unconnected, I discovered that it won't allow me to remove either end due to tight clearance. Do I need to pull the engine to change the switch?!?
Anyway, I decided to remove the kick stand assembly and replace the stand. I got my truck jack out to lift the bike just enough to take the weight off the stand. I did chock the wheels.
So far I've used 2 differ torx heads and now for an alan wrench. One bolt told me to eff off as it ain't gonna move. I used a cheater to no avail. I'm about to get mean with the darn thing when a big drop of water went down my ear canal. The sun is shining bright and hot yet suddenly we have a downpour. (I know Jay is in Maggie Valley so I cant blame him).
Well crap! I have three tool boxes open, parts strewn about and before I can even get to my feet, I am soaked and a small river is forming along the curb. I did get everything picked up and inside as the storm hit with a fury.
I'll try again when it dries up, I do have a few pictures to share once I finish...
Sounds like you about got it, way to give it hell

Yep, I know your pain, I steal space at Turk's;):D:cool:

FFD70B4D-50F6-483B-9157-4D373A5EBEBF.jpeg
Beating the crap out of the ‘05.

Friday: Ate fish&chips at the Ace Cafe in Orlando after getting forks fixed - but bike night was Thursday.

Saturday: 275 mile ride to Cedar Key FL
Sunday: 125 mile ride due to rain
Monday: 125 mile ride to meet Ogre & T
Tuesday: 400 miles to Athens Georgia
Wednesday: 250 miles to Tennessee and
Rode Cherohala Skyway to NC, Dragons Tail, Foothills Parkway then to motel in Maryville TN.
Thursday: riding to RAA in Maggie Valley NC

Attachments

• 45BD147F-B1C1-4930-A832-64F8AD5EB022.jpeg
    45BD147F-B1C1-4930-A832-64F8AD5EB022.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1D86CF5C-4E2F-4DF5-B46B-22833D41BE02.jpeg
    1D86CF5C-4E2F-4DF5-B46B-22833D41BE02.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 3
  • BCF656B5-0291-4087-A7B5-CB27CE1AA57E.jpeg
    BCF656B5-0291-4087-A7B5-CB27CE1AA57E.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 39F74858-913B-47CA-B6D6-1DB3E5FEC3F5.jpeg
    39F74858-913B-47CA-B6D6-1DB3E5FEC3F5.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 3
This was yesterday, but I changed out the OEM headlights for some LED's. Opinions welcome, flames ignored!

Attachments

• 20190623_094640.jpg
    20190623_094640.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190623_094644.jpg
    20190623_094644.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 2
Back