Wet Liners on R3

Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Does anybody know if you need a liner puller to remove a wet liner from a triumph rocket 3 engine, or can you remove them without the tool?
Thanks for any advice.

I've never used the triumph tool to pull a liner. One of the technicians told me they were hit and miss. I used a can of brake cleaner to clean the cylinders then a used duct tape about 3 or 4 times around in the inside diameter of the cylinder. Rotate the crank and pop the liners out. Now I would only pull a liner if its damaged. I leave them alone if its just a piston change. Not sure what or why your pulling them so you get the basic answer.

I've never used the triumph tool to pull a liner. One of the technicians told me they were hit and miss. I used a can of brake cleaner to clean the cylinders then a used duct tape about 3 or 4 times around in the inside diameter of the cylinder. Rotate the crank and pop the liners out. Now I would only pull a liner if its damaged. I leave them alone if its just a piston change. Not sure what or why your pulling them so you get the basic answer.

Thanks for your reply. I do not need to pull the liners but have the chance to buy the Triumph tool for £90 and so thought it was a decent purchase just in case I needed it in the future as I believe the availability will go now this model is discontinued.
As you say you can remove them without the tool I won't buy it.
Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply. I do not need to pull the liners but have the chance to buy the Triumph tool for £90 and so thought it was a decent purchase just in case I needed it in the future as I believe the availability will go now this model is discontinued.
As you say you can remove them without the tool I won't buy it.
Thanks again.
Since there is a lot of rubber on the tool and the new 2.5 has slightly larger pistons, the same tool might work . I can say the tape inside and just spin the crank so the piston hit the tape and pops the liner up was a slick idea. I'm glad the tech pointed that out to me.

Back