Well, the day started out $hitty

Pulled the oil pan today @warp9.9 was right (as usual ;-) you can pull the pan with the oil tank drain plug in. Screen were pretty clean. Small amount of metal and some more lint. I didn't use the red rags this time because of the lint problem. Used old worn out clothes and only dabbed, no wiping. If you remember from my output shaft rebuild, lint from red shop rags clogged my oil screens and almost caused a catastrophic loss of oil flow. Be very careful what you use to clean parts.
pan (1).jpg
pan (2).jpg

On another subject. I initially put Rotella synthetic turbo diesel oil in it for the maiden voyage, it was cheaper and I knew I was going to dump it when I pulled the pan to inspect. After pan cleaning, went back to Mobil 1. Again, big difference. Shifting is even more "buttery". I'm sold on Mobile 1. Would like to try Motul, but don't want to have to take out a mortgage.

I't might have had the cwap ran out of it, but it would be well worth it, IF the price was right. I bought my low rider basket case for $2500, and thought it was a deal. BTW, I've got it up to 2,600 "original" miles, and it's a 2005 !!!! Original Metzlers on it, still have the "tittys", but the rear tire is showing some wear........;)

If I was interested in this bike I would see if the supercharger is still available. :D

The bracket for the SC is still on the bike!

Head gasket shouldn't be extremely hard to replace.

If it's in fact a headgasket it would be an OK deal if you bought it for $1999. My worry would be that it detonated one or more cylinders. Then you could be looking at pistons/sleeves. If it leaked coolant into the oil it could need a lot more.

I't might have had the cwap ran out of it, but it would be well worth it, IF the price was right. I bought my low rider basket case for $2500, and thought it was a deal. BTW, I've got it up to 2,600 "original" miles, and it's a 2005 !!!! Original Metzlers on it, still have the "tittys", but the rear tire is showing some wear........;)

I have all those parts available if needed.

I picked up a slightly rashed Throttlemeister on eat-me-Bay for $20.00. I had them and my rashed windshield brace I straightened out, buffed at a local metal finishing shop for $20.00. The throttlemeister is made of stainless, so I had it polished like chrome instead of the original brushed finish. :)

IMG_20171211_194950756.jpg

Last edited:
Back