Weight Balance

HeR3tic, re-read my post about the centerstand if you would. When the Rocket is on the centerstand, the rear tire is "just off the ground" and can be turned by hand. My statement was: "I can lift the front wheel off the ground with about 20 to 30 lbs of lift" by hand. Or, I could get a piece of 2 by, cut to the proper length and "prop" the front of the bike up leaving the front tire off the ground. One other fact, if I throw a piece of 1/4" to 1/2" plywood on the ground where the centerstand is going to be, I get an extra lift of the rear wheel, which translates to more lift of the front when "Rock-et-ed" back on the rear tire.

One correction to your statement. Even if the stand was turned 180, wouldn't the "same event occure (rear tire lift) due to the lifting "points" being the exact same as the other way? Possibly? Maybe? I think so! ;) Just had to throw that at ya buddy.

See ya. And if you ever feel that you might want to "spring" for the flat parts of the centerstand (I get the plate pieces for you and you supply the round tubing & welding), let me know & we'll work on it together.

I realize the points of contact remain the same on the frame. I had in my mind that the fulcrum was at the ground point or at some point along the vertical supports, between the fame lugs and the ground point. Clearly I misunderstood whether the front or back lifted naturally. I was thinking that by swapping from to one side or the other of the lugs the center axis of mass would change. Now, if the verticals were lengthened would that front vs aft lift be realized:confused: Just brain storming or maybe it's just drizzling. Engineer I aint. I'll PM on the flats.

Back