Way to much fun

Yup, and to be fair, and complete antithesis to my first post on this thread - When I first got my Rocket I rode it up to the local small town shop here which is not a dealership & caters to all (They sell used bikes mostly, H-D, Honda & also some new Royal Enfields) - As I was getting off my bike a pack of H-D's rode up in full leather kit, no helmets, bandana's, ect & I'm thinking "here we go"
As they kill their twins :eek: one of the older guys starts railin on what an awesome bike I had & was tellin his posse, "man, that's the biggest engine you can get on a production bike & on & on.
Made me feel like my p<ck<r was bigger than it actually is........................ well, you know :cool: :cautious: :banghead:
Good dudes :thumbsup: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The number of brand snobs or folks that are attitudinal azzhats with regard to what they ride compared with all others is directly proportional to how many machines each manufacturer sells into a given marketplace. That easily explains why we experience or suffer the behavior of so many Harley Davidson patrons - there's just that many more of them than there are of any other.

BTW, I can honestly say that I have yet to meet a single Triumph brand snob in over a half century of riding. I cannot say the same for BMW owners (lotsa' snobs), Ducati fanciers (a fair sprinkling of snobs) or rice burner riders (whose snobs are generally confined to high performance sportbikes or the Goldwing crowd). To each their own, says me, just don't even think about rubbing my nose in your enthusiasm or irrational exuberance..

I agree. I often ride with other riders who do not know me, most of them on Harleys. I have never had any rider snob me or act "better then thou" to me. Most riders seem very interested in the Rocket, ask dozens of questions about the bike, and end with "that's a very nice bike" quote. Kinda cool being an outsider in a pool of Y-twins!
Alabama and Texas seem like nice places to live. Up here in Massachusetts we have a lot of what we call Mass holes. A lot of them ride H-D. I have known for a long time now, it is time to move south for so many reasons.

COME ON DOWN BROTHER :thumbsup:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I meant to tell you, I lived in Granbury back around 1987-89. My Dad built the Comanche Peak Nuke plant and I stayed with him for a while. I fell in love with the area but had to come back to MA, to take care of some family business. Always wanted to go back, but life happened. I met the nicest people in that area, and a few lovely young rodeo girls too.

I meant to tell you, I lived in Granbury back around 1987-89. My Dad built the Comanche Peak Nuke plant and I stayed with him for a while. I fell in love with the area but had to come back to MA, to take care of some family business. Always wanted to go back, but life happened. I met the nicest people in that area, and a few lovely young rodeo girls too.

Well I hope to get to meet you when you come to visit your friend in Diana. I'm not rich with time but that's not too far from me. :thumbsup:

I learned that people are people. Some good. Some bad. Most are a bit of both. Someone who lets what they ride or drive define them has there own issues to work out. I bought my Roadglide Ultra in 2011 new. It performed heads and heals over the 1983 GL1100 I had been riding previously. It was a purchase I enjoyed for a long time. I met some guys who wanted me to ride with them since I now owned a Harley. I got a lot of the attitude that has been described here. One asked me how the bike made me feel. Feel? I enjoyed the new performance of the machine and I liked the way it looked but I felt I was just as much of a person with or without the bike. He went on about how tough his bike made him feel. We all have our own lessons to learn. I don't care about what you ride or if you ride. It is the quality of the man which I find important. I like motorcycles of all types and find them all fascinating in their own unique ways. If that's not your shot of whiskey we can talk about something else. :)

All that being said I have had more people approach me and talk to me about my new Triumph than when I was riding the Harley. Maybe it's because of the stigma a lot of Harley owners get or maybe it's just that the R3 isn't something you see every day. If I'm proud of anything it's probably that you don't see this bike every day... and I enjoy the performance and power of the machine. :)

I learned that people are people. Some good. Some bad. Most are a bit of both. Someone who lets what they ride or drive define them has there own issues to work out. I bought my Roadglide Ultra in 2011 new. It performed heads and heals over the 1983 GL1100 I had been riding previously. It was a purchase I enjoyed for a long time. I met some guys who wanted me to ride with them since I now owned a Harley. I got a lot of the attitude that has been described here. One asked me how the bike made me feel. Feel? I enjoyed the new performance of the machine and I liked the way it looked but I felt I was just as much of a person with or without the bike. He went on about how tough his bike made him feel. We all have our own lessons to learn. I don't care about what you ride or if you ride. It is the quality of the man which I find important. I like motorcycles of all types and find them all fascinating in their own unique ways. If that's not your shot of whiskey we can talk about something else. :)

All that being said I have had more people approach me and talk to me about my new Triumph than when I was riding the Harley. Maybe it's because of the stigma a lot of Harley owners get or maybe it's just that the R3 isn't something you see every day. If I'm proud of anything it's probably that you don't see this bike every day... and I enjoy the performance and power of the machine. :)

Pass that shot glass over to me hoss.... I'll take a few witcha ;) :thumbsup:
BigN Nailed it!

Ain't that the truth. I stopped on the freeway this week when I saw a bronze colored Ultra parked with rider leaning against the guard rail. As I rolled up and asked if I could help, he took one look me and Brahma and shook his head and said he was waiting on his neighbor with Harley experience. How the heck did he know I wasn't a Harley mechanic? I wonder if he'd been different if I was on a HD???
I suppose some folks haven't released what I call voices in their head from past experience's; (preconceptions) "Be Safe!

Back