Way to much fun

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Now that the weather has warmed up a bit the ride to work really does not require a leather jacket. I do need it coming home in the morning. So the only light weight jacket I have is a HARLEY DAVIDSON Levi jacket. The really nice one with the big eagle on the back. Here lately the number of bikes on the rode is increasing which of course living in Oklahoma means the really tough guys on their Harley's are starting to ride their bikes instead of their fancy pickups. Having way to much fun meshing with their limited knowledge of the Rocket X. I let them catch up on the highway and then most of them look at the bike and try to act cool as they pull away from the Rocket. You all know the type mister cool drops one hand off the bars and hits the gas thinking he is special. I let them get about ten feet ahead or when they grab the bars again with both hands, then it is #hits and giggles. Just having way to much fun with this. It is not right but d#mn it is fun. My first spring on the Rocket X. (Winter was a bit#h):sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Ain't that the truth. I stopped on the freeway this week when I saw a bronze colored Ultra parked with rider leaning against the guard rail. As I rolled up and asked if I could help, he took one look me and Brahma and shook his head and said he was waiting on his neighbor with Harley experience. How the heck did he know I wasn't a Harley mechanic? I wonder if he'd been different if I was on a HD???

Boog, a good H-D mechanic would be on a Rocket if he knows any better. Why would a guy ride a $30+K air cooled over priced low tech bike like an Ultra when they can ride a Rocket.

Now that the weather has warmed up a bit the ride to work really does not require a leather jacket. I do need it coming home in the morning. So the only light weight jacket I have is a HARLEY DAVIDSON Levi jacket. The really nice one with the big eagle on the back. Here lately the number of bikes on the rode is increasing which of course living in Oklahoma means the really tough guys on their Harley's are starting to ride their bikes instead of their fancy pickups. Having way to much fun meshing with their limited knowledge of the Rocket X. I let them catch up on the highway and then most of them look at the bike and try to act cool as they pull away from the Rocket. You all know the type mister cool drops one hand off the bars and hits the gas thinking he is special. I let them get about ten feet ahead or when they grab the bars again with both hands, then it is #hits and giggles. Just having way to much fun with this. It is not right but d#mn it is fun. My first spring on the Rocket X. (Winter was a bit#h):sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
I have had several moments like this. I love the reactions I get when you let them finally catch up or you get to a stop light and wait to do it to them again. I wrote a good story about a guy on a Honda Fury trying to pull the drag race crap. He gave me the finger and turned left to get away from me after I roasted him a couple of times. One of the forum members made a point to call me out for beating up on a guy trying to show off with his slower inferior bike. But the truth is I never provoked the jamoke, he got what he asked for. HA HA HA HA, I love my Rocket.

Boog, a good H-D mechanic would be on a Rocket if he knows any better. Why would a guy ride a $30+K air cooled over priced low tech bike like an Ultra when they can ride a Rocket.
You mean like this one?
12108932_995933923791416_5318339806527064108_n.jpg

But why not have both?:D
r1.jpg

Mexican some how I get the feeling that you do not fit the category of Harley rider that we are referring to, at least I hope not. After riding A Harley and listening and associating with the vast majority of the type that rides A Harley especial the baggier types my opinion of them is rather low. Not only do they have a rather closed mind but for the most part think that they are Superior just by the type of bike they ride. Even at local poker runs they seem to think that their #hit smells good. If I show up on the fatboy at a poker run I Have plenty of people who start up a conversation right away. Now if I show up on the ROCKET X for the most part I get the cold shoulder routine. A few will come up and ask questions about the Rocket but for the most the majority of them will not even speak. Now if I am on the open highway and run across this type and they start to show off, guess what? :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

You mean like this one?
12108932_995933923791416_5318339806527064108_n.jpg

But why not have both?:D
r1.jpg
Yes, like yours. The truth be told, I am not completely anti H-D. In fact I am not anti any particular bike manufacturer. I still own an Evo Springer and a few Kawasakis. Sonny makes a great point. A lot of times it is a H-D rider that makes H-D look bad. In your case you appear to be a Motorcycle rider, not a H-D rider. The guys that have never ridden a bike and buy a H-D for their first ride or guys that only ride H-D seem to have that attitude towards any rider not on a H-D. They obviously dont know any better. I have been ridding gas powered two wheeled cycles since 1970. I have had all types, makes, and levels of quality bikes. I have had gems and complete ass turds that left me stranded. In my opinion most bikes made me smile. But in todays world when I compare modern Liquid cooled Twins or a V-twins like a Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, Triumph.... etc to an American made air cooled V-Twin like the big H-D, Victory and Indian. And their price compared to the aforementioned bikes, I just cringe.

Also we are on a Triumph Rocket forum. And we all know that the Rocket is superior in power than any other cruiser out there so H-D is open game.

I went to the Blessing of the Bikes yesterday in my local area and everyone that asked me about the Rocket was non H-D rider. In other words they were motorcycle riders. And they wanted to know how it handled, braked, accelerated, etc... I would ask them what they rode and they would all tell me about their ride. Not one of them had a H-D. My son says there were about 30 people that stopped to ask about the Rocket. The H-D guys would walk by and look at the bike and realize we were sitting behind it on the beach and start to walk away pretty quickly. Even my H-D rider buddies dont like to park next to me because their bikes disappear next to the Rocket.

Any way Mexican, that's my response this morning. I have had too much coffee already and I need to go bring home the bacon.

Several years ago, while riding through Utah, I stopped to fill up. There was a bunch of Hells Angels filling up so i pulled up at the shop to get a drink and let them finish. As I was getting off the bike and taking my hat and gloves off, a few of them walked past, looked at the bike, and then then walked past with their noses in the air. Then one of the older chaps walked up, introduced himself, and started asking questions about the bike. I asked him about his Victory Vision, and we chatted for 5 or 10 minutes. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I first met Sonny Barger.

You can tell @mexican is not a typical H-D rider...... There's a full-face cranium can in the picture

So yesterday After I got back from Rocketeering the wifey wanted me to take her out to eat. So I changed into some shorts but left my Triumph Tshirt on & we went to Fridays. I notice a group of H-D riders stroll into the bar. after a couple of beers they all get up & go out front to have em a smoke break. We leave & as we're walking out, one of the sleeveless, skinny armed, tattooed from wrist to neck, you get the pic, dudes see's my Triumph Tshirt & asks laughingly (I don't look the part :rolleyes:) you ride? o_O - So I look out into the parking lot at the row of sportster 883's & such, kinda like this:

571e99c8b13a225e53c616db.jpg

and I say yea, ride a Rocket o_O - But I also have an air cooled almost just like yours & showed him a pic of it on my phone:

fourniksP2090008.JPG

CRICKETS!!!!!!! :cool::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Last edited:
Back