water spots on rims

speedfreak

.060 Over
I keep my bike very clean but there is dried water spots that will not come off,Ive tried mothers mag polish,never dull ,as anyone else had this problem??

Try pure white vinegar, works for me for over 16 plus years for taking water spots off paint/chrome/clear coated/powder coated parts.:)

Are you sure they're water spots and not spots that the clear coat has been eaten off? I didn't see what model Rocket you have, but I met a fella that put Purple Power (I think that was the name of it) brake dust remover on his R3T rims and it ate through the clear coat and left spots/runs like you describe; ruined his rims.

My 05 had the same problem, i hate to tell you but that is not coming off, cler coat is very cheap on the r3 wheels, when it was time to replace my tires i took the wheels off and send them to a powder coating place $80 a wheel, now i have very nice black wheels.:)

At least you can still see your rims, after a whole 4k my rims are so badly corroded that I couldn't see a water spot if it was jumping up and down! The powdercoaters beckons at the next tyre change

rims

My bike is a 07 standard 800 miles,I bought it with 459,never driven in the rain,never really dirty,If washing the rims or condensation will ruin the finish thats not saying much for Triumphs rims!!!!wow pathetic!!!

It depends on what you're washing them with. Again, there cleaners out there that are not intended for use with clear coated rims; refer to my first post regarding the fella that sprayed Purple Power, or whatever, brake dust cleaner on his wheels.

But yes, if you simply washed them with carwash soap and water, then you have defective wheels, or the dealer put something on them they shouldn't have.

blue coral wash and wash,thats only thing ive used Ive washed it maybe 3 times since memorial weekend when I bought it,very diassapointing!!!!!!

Back