Water pump O ring size

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
Hello all. Does anyone happen to know what size the water pump O ring is? The manual says to replace it when taking the pump out. (which is required to remove the clutch cover) I have reused O rings in the past but would like to have one on hand since I'd rather not have to take the pump off again just in case. Thanks. NORM

Just order it from BikeBandit...

upload_2016-7-8_10-45-26.png

Never needed to replace mine, even after having the pump out a few times. But if I did, then I'm sure that one from the boxes of assorted O-rings that purchased for a couple of dollars would fit.

Removing the water pump will probably disturb the formed "o ring 14" in the diagram above and will probably leak...I think that is triumph only item

I have pulled the pump too many times to keep count never have I replaced it. Now a smear of grease or oil when you go back in with it yes!!!! Also use hylomar on the pump cover and not replace it either yes to that also. To drain coolant loosen the three cover bolts a fee turns pry cover loose at the bottom slots by each bottom bolt and let the coolant drain into a pan. Then pull cover bolts and leave cover on the hose and hose on radiator. They will come off when you pull the radiator.

I have pulled the pump too many times to keep count never have I replaced it. Now a smear of grease or oil when you go back in with it yes!!!! Also use hylomar on the pump cover and not replace it either yes to that also. To drain coolant loosen the three cover bolts a fee turns pry cover loose at the bottom slots by each bottom bolt and let the coolant drain into a pan. Then pull cover bolts and leave cover on the hose and hose on radiator. They will come off when you pull the radiator.
Thanks. I drained most of it through the drain hole today and plan on pulling the radiator and pump ad a unit exactly as you described.

Back