warranty issue , fork lowers.

hooky

.040 Over
Had issue with my fork lowers and what i call vaining , when you get white threads on the alloy under the lacuer. Only done 1600 miles all in the dry and its been garaged all winter. No problems with the dealer or triumph new set sent out and date booked to have them fitted . Rang dealer today and asked would it be ok to take them before they fit them and have them chromed .
, once again no problem and now in the chromers being done.
Can not fault my dealer or Triumph , first class all the way so far.

Chromers

Hi Swampy , chromers are a company in Shrewsbury ive used before. Bit to far away for you mate , but your sure to have a chromers were you are but so you can have cost to compare there charging me £50 cash . There going to take of the lacquer off and polish out all the ruff finished area to leave a smooth surface then chrome.I will let you know how they look when done. Im well please with Triumph and my dealer but dealer told me the problem was the lacquer finish and that Triumph had now stopped using this and now leave them bare alloy and thats sorted the issue.But chromer was able to show me the replacement lowers where infact lacquered. Not going to make an issue with my dealer over it as im having them chromed but someones not given out the right info. Swampy i hope you get the same help from Triumph and your dealer and think its a great opportunity to get the lowers painted or chromed and i think if you dont they will go crappy again. Good luck.

Back