Wanting to derestrict stock Roadster using tuneecu.

Rottypiper

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
I have a stock 2011 Rocket Roadster, vin# 473xxx. I was hoping to remove the restrictions on it and drive it for awhile. Do I just change the tables on the secondaries and make them all 100? Anything else I should do? I hooked up my laptop to the bike and saved my original map.

I went on to Tune Ecu site (under custom maps) and thought I found a map but when I dug deeper it was for a bike with TORS and mine is stock.

Phase 2 will have me add my Ramair which is sitting on the shelf in my garage. Will I need a different map once I add that or just do the 12 minute idle procedure?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Open secondaries 100%. Copy table I3, and paste it into I1, and I2.

Just adding the intake without opening the exhaust should be ok with the 12 min tune. If you have any decel pop, or lean surging, then you can change the tune.

Rotty in order to get the benefit of the RamAir intake filter, you will need to change the exhaust too. At least get a set of TORs.

Thanks Guys. I plan on adding exhaust in the fall. Likely TORS but I keep dreaming about a full system. Hard for me to justify with the Canadian dollar so crappy and the high shipping costs.

So as far as my tune, I'll just change all my secondary throttle tables to 100 and copy the "I3" tables to I1 and I2. What exactly is that doing?

I have a 100% stock, European-spec 2007 Rocket 3. Factory exhaust with catalytic converters and factory airfilter are still in place and I'm not planning to make any hardware upgrades/mods. However, derestricting first three gears sounds good ;)
1) Will the procedure described above work also for my pre-Roadster bike? Do I have to simply set "100" in the whole "2nd Throttle" table and copy "I3" to "I1"&"I2" and that's all?
2) Shouldn't I also change fuelling, as there are 3 different F and L tables?
3) As these motors were factory-tuned to meet emissions standards, wouldn't it be a good idea to add some extra fuel in order to prevent the engine from running too lean (but without destroying cat)?

I have a 100% stock, European-spec 2007 Rocket 3. Factory exhaust with catalytic converters and factory airfilter are still in place and I'm not planning to make any hardware upgrades/mods. However, derestricting first three gears sounds good ;)
1) Will the procedure described above work also for my pre-Roadster bike? Do I have to simply set "100" in the whole "2nd Throttle" table and copy "I3" to "I1"&"I2" and that's all?
2) Shouldn't I also change fuelling, as there are 3 different F and L tables?
3) As these motors were factory-tuned to meet emissions standards, wouldn't it be a good idea to add some extra fuel in order to prevent the engine from running too lean (but without destroying cat)?
dobry dzień szósty. Since your not planning on changing exhaust or intake I would do the ignition table changes install the tune and see how she runs. You can always go back and open the secondary's later. Make sure you keep a copy of the oringinal base tune so you can always go back in a flash. Is your a Classic or Standard model?

It's Standard model.

Since your not planning on changing exhaust or intake I would do the ignition table changes install the tune and see how she runs. You can always go back and open the secondary's later.

So those secondaries indeed improve power/torque with standard setup and derestricting in that case requires only timing change?

It's Standard model.

So those secondaries indeed improve power/torque with standard setup and derestricting in that case requires only timing change?
The secondaries being open would add more air with no fueling change. The fueling tables are what you referred to above. F1, F2, F3, are fueling on each cylinder. The trim tab depending on how it is set can be for all three or individual if you have the ability to tune each cylinder. The L1, L2, L3 tables are lamnda tables used when under load and certain throttle percentages set in the F to L switch over tab. Trimming can be accomplished the same way depending on how it is set. If it were me I would also make sure and raised the idle rpm setting in the map so none are lower then 950 rpms when you do the timing changes. And depending on your weather conditions the fan turn on temp.

As Warp already said.
You are in trouble if you open secondaries to 100 and don´t adjust F-tables.

Back