Want additional driving lights to come on with stock R3T driving lights

PaddyO

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3T
I have a 2014 R3T. I have added some additional driving lights. They are on their own circuit with a relay. I want the relay to turn on the additional driving lights when I turn on the stock driving lights. I have found the purple wire that is the power for the stock driving lights coming out of the fuse box. I have found the connectors for stock driving lights under the tank. I have found the relay which controls the stock driving lights under the tank. I have tried tapping the purple wire out of the fuse box and the white wire in the connectors (which I believe is the positive) to trip the relay when I turn on the stock driving lights. Nothing happens. When I touch the positive wire to trip the relay to the positive post of the battery, the additional driving lights come on.

Where can I connect the positive side of the relay to power the additional driving lights when the switch for the stock driving lights is turned on?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Well, I figured it out. I touched the power wire for the relay to each leg of the relay for the stock riding lights while it was partially pulled out of the socket yet in enough to make contact. Turning the switch for the stock driving lights on/off, I discovered the white wire coming out of the relay would power the relay for additional driving lights on/off with the stock driving switch. I just do not understand why the white wire going into the connector did not work.

Back