Visual differences between stock exhaust and TORs

That seems like a waste of money considering the box is empty. Is there any additional benefit to replacing the cross over box, it isn't very heavy and it does not seem to impede exhaust flow.

The under bike crossover box is something that should be put into the scrap bin ASAP,as soon as I put my delete pipe as well as the TORS,with the bike at idle the difference in the sound was a great improvement , the exhaust sounded less strangled, when I got my mate to do a high speed pass as I stood at the roadside it sounded fantastic like no other motorcycle distinctly a Rocket engine:inlove:inlove

any numbers as far as performance increase with this? Also I imagine that would make it louder too right?

No performance #'s for me as I've not dyno'd but no doubt they increase performance. Louder? I dunno, never had the stock ones, but they sound great. Medium loud rumble, not too loud

The under bike crossover box is something that should be put into the scrap bin ASAP,as soon as I put my delete pipe as well as the TORS,with the bike at idle the difference in the sound was a great improvement , the exhaust sounded less strangled, when I got my mate to do a high speed pass as I stood at the roadside it sounded fantastic like no other motorcycle distinctly a Rocket engine:inlove:inlove
I am more interested in performance than sound. But if there is an increase with the cross over I am interested. I have no need to compete with the decibel levels of a v-twin with turn outs.

No performance #'s for me as I've not dyno'd but no doubt they increase performance. Louder? I dunno, never had the stock ones, but they sound great. Medium loud rumble, not too loud
Best way to describe the stock exhaust on a Rocket is----go to a local sewing shop ask the seamstress to rev the sewing machine up and that is what a stock Rocket sounds like

How much to ship it to Cape Cod?

Rick, I price the pipe itself at NZ$400.00, US$291.00, the shipping to you would be NZ$120.00, US$87.00.
They are available in Satin Black as above and a "Polished Aluminium" from www.hpcoatings.co.nz

IMG_0274A.jpg

Cool...can you make it in chrome and can I take the crossover box off and use it use it with just the standard silencers until I get around to buying a set of tors?? I really like that single exhaust I saw pictured on a roadster. Almost like a megaphone. Would it be more efficient than the dual exhaust? Has anyone ever put this on a Touring?

P.M sent Phil.

Yes you can use this with your stock Silencers, it is a direct replacement for the stock unit.
I think that the single Silencer would be slightly more efficient over the dual TORS as the Single unit is straight through as opposed to the TORS as these, whilst they don't have the CATS in them, are still a slightly convoluted path through them.
Having said that, with the dual TORS, you have two units for the Engine to breath through so this in itself would give plenty of flow.

It comes down to style and sound, and that is a personal choice.
Would you like the looks of just a single muffler on one side. or would you prefer the style of a muffler on either side.
Same goes for the sound, would you prefer the sound of one single muffler, or the sound of one muffler each side.

Rick, I price the pipe itself at NZ$400.00, US$291.00, the shipping to you would be NZ$120.00, US$87.00.
They are available in Satin Black as above and a "Polished Aluminium" from www.hpcoatings.co.nz

IMG_0274A.jpg

Nice looking pipe Paul, even to my untrained eye it would have to flow so much better than the ridiculous abomination that Triumph persist in strangling the Rockets with, I tell all and sundry to get rid of the horrible thing,

Nice looking pipe Paul, even to my untrained eye it would have to flow so much better than the ridiculous abomination that Triumph persist in strangling the Rockets with, I tell all and sundry to get rid of the horrible thing,

I like things to be simple Ken, there's no need to make things complicated just for the sake of it.

I've read that Triumph made this Roadster/Touring cross over pipe to "balance" the output to each Muffler, I'm sure they did some testing to come up with thier design.

IMG_0619AA.jpg

I did quite some testing and development as well, and came up with this design.
On mine the R/H pipe extends into the flow a specific amount so as to achieve this "balance"

DA.jpg

I will remember that. Maybe I will put a set of enduro tires on my R3T. Haha! Actually I asked the Triumph dealer if they had an issue with installing the TORs even though they are meant for off-road use and they said no issues at all. They will charge me $100 for installation and the ECU tune and if I have then do $200 worth of services, they will pick up and deliver the bike!
I purchased my 2013 R3T as a pre-owned bike from a dealer (not an authorized Triumph dealer) so I am not sure what optional equipment was installed (besides heated grips).

I bought a set of TOR silencers for my bike because I thought the bike was too quiet. The TORs arrived yesterday but are identical in shape to the exhaust that came with the bike. Is the R3T stock exhaust visually identical to the Triumph Off-Road silencers (https://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/ProductImages//9553849f-bda9-4654-b631-dfe74deb4700/images/A9608090_white.jpg)?

Hi KJones. I just purchased a 2015 R3 and like you feel wayyyy to quiet. Can you tell me where you got the TORS? I'm at the Jersey shore.

Here is a thread from a while back. My dyno run sheets are there. I had it done with just the TORS and then the next year with the Ram Air.

Uncorked a little more. Today's dyno

So yes, the TORS do add a little bit of power and then a little more with the Ram Air. To get any more appreciable increase I will need headers.

@Laverada

Remember mine is a touring so I start at a lower number than you would. Also with you being in Wenatchee you can put on the pipes, drop in a tune to run for a while and then either go to Seattle or wait until Nels at 2 Wheel Dyno Works comes to Spokane in the spring to get everything smoothed out on the dyno. He usually make 2 trips a year to Spokane out of his base over on the wet side.

bob

Back