Visual differences between stock exhaust and TORs

kjones256

.020 Over
Ride
'13 Rocket III Touring
I purchased my 2013 R3T as a pre-owned bike from a dealer (not an authorized Triumph dealer) so I am not sure what optional equipment was installed (besides heated grips).

I bought a set of TOR silencers for my bike because I thought the bike was too quiet. The TORs arrived yesterday but are identical in shape to the exhaust that came with the bike. Is the R3T stock exhaust visually identical to the Triumph Off-Road silencers (https://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/ProductImages//9553849f-bda9-4654-b631-dfe74deb4700/images/A9608090_white.jpg)?

From what I understand, they are visually identical. There is a stamp on the side of the exhaust stamped tors off road use. Or something to that effect. There should be a considerable weight difference also.

That is a relief Wannbe. For a second I thought that I may have wasted my money on replacing my exhaust with the same item. Let's hope they are as loud as the Cobra shotgun pipes on my old Silverado.

You will notice a sound difference also, now remember they are for "off road use only" so do not use them on the public road system:D

I will remember that. Maybe I will put a set of enduro tires on my R3T. Haha! Actually I asked the Triumph dealer if they had an issue with installing the TORs even though they are meant for off-road use and they said no issues at all. They will charge me $100 for installation and the ECU tune and if I have then do $200 worth of services, they will pick up and deliver the bike!

That is a relief Wannbe. For a second I thought that I may have wasted my money on replacing my exhaust with the same item. Let's hope they are as loud as the Cobra shotgun pipes on my old Silverado.
They are much lighter as well due to the absence of the catalyst that is in the stock mufflers. Lighter, free flowing and you should ask the dealer to retune for the TORs.

They aren't, but they have a distinctive & throaty growl all their own, nonetheless.

You will also notice the outlet on the TORS is a much larger diameter ,if you can get your hands on a exhaust crossover box (that big box under the bike) delete pipe the exhaust note will be much nicer

I will remember that. Maybe I will put a set of enduro tires on my R3T. Haha! Actually I asked the Triumph dealer if they had an issue with installing the TORs even though they are meant for off-road use and they said no issues at all. They will charge me $100 for installation and the ECU tune and if I have then do $200 worth of services, they will pick up and deliver the bike!
Boy, that's a pretty good dealer. Mine installed and loaded a TOR tune on my newly purchased Roadster for $150. Even if you leave the collector box on, the mufflers will get louder and much better sounding after a couple of thousand miles. At idle, it has an almost chest pounding rumble when standing near the rear of the bike and sounds like a NASCAR car at speed. I get a lot of good comments on the sound of the bike during group rides.

Back