Visual differences between stock exhaust and TORs

Hi KJones. I just purchased a 2015 R3 and like you feel wayyyy to quiet. Can you tell me where you got the TORS? I'm at the Jersey shore.

Congrats on the purchase! I got the bike at the Motorcycle Mall in Belleville but the TORs were a Craigslist purchase. A 70-year old R3 rider from Kansas City sold them to me for $250 plus shipping and insurance. All in all, they were $310. Cross Country Motorsports of Metuchen is picking up the bike this afternoon to do the installation. Let's connect after I get the bike back.

Here is a thread from a while back. My dyno run sheets are there. I had it done with just the TORS and then the next year with the Ram Air.

Uncorked a little more. Today's dyno

So yes, the TORS do add a little bit of power and then a little more with the Ram Air. To get any more appreciable increase I will need headers.

@Laverada

Remember mine is a touring so I start at a lower number than you would. Also with you being in Wenatchee you can put on the pipes, drop in a tune to run for a while and then either go to Seattle or wait until Nels at 2 Wheel Dyno Works comes to Spokane in the spring to get everything smoothed out on the dyno. He usually make 2 trips a year to Spokane out of his base over on the wet side.

bob
Great Info, didn't realized you lived in WA. I will definitely get the dyno. I am waiting for Paul to finish his two pipe system, then add in a ram or K&N air intake system plus the tuneboy

Will I need a 2nd tune if I decide to add a RamAir or K&N intake system subsequently to installing the TORs? What about just if I just replace the OEM air filter with a K&N one?

Will I need a 2nd tune if I decide to add a RamAir or K&N intake system subsequently to installing the TORs? What about just if I just replace the OEM air filter with a K&N one?

That's all I have done with my R3T just put the K&N air filter in the OEM air box and removed the plastic snorkel from under the seat ,you will be told it makes no difference as the restrictive inlet plumbing is still in place and as I am not an Rocket3 air induction Engineer it's only my seat of the pants judgement I don't have any figures to back up the fact that it does make the bike run smoother and sound less strangled when you open up the taps, also still retaining the stock look and fully filtering the induction from rain and being tucked away under the seat less exposed to dust ect, with the added advantage of a washable (recharge) filter you can clean the filter forever ,with a set of TORS,a exhaust crossover pipe (abomination box) replacement a good remap and Dyno tune my R3T runs like a Qantas jet and sounds like a Spitfire fighter on song:inlove:inlove:inlove

But if you do install TORS you need a new tune for that. Then later you add Ramair or k&n you will need to change the tune again because there is quite a bit more air flow with that filter swap.

Louder? I dunno, never had the stock ones, but they sound great. Medium loud rumble, not too loud
Being in the oddball in this discussion, I like the bike. I ride to be quiet. Matter of opinion but Clint they are loud. Which I do like on someone else's bike. Cobra's are too loud on every bike I've heard then on, way louder then TORS.

Being in the oddball in this discussion, I like the bike. I ride to be quiet. Matter of opinion but Clint they are loud. Which I do like on someone else's bike. Cobra's are too loud on every bike I've heard then on, way louder then TORS.

Yea they're louder than stock, but to me a good "happy medium" compared to the louder brands.
I don't know how you know what mine sound like, I was behind you most of the time. :D ;)

Yea they're louder than stock, but to me a good "happy medium" compared to the louder brands.
I don't know how you know what mine sound like, I was behind you most of the time. :D ;)
Have to agree TORS are not obnoxiously loud like Cobra pipes are.

Would someone show me a photo of these Cobra units please.
Home | Cobra USA

Paul, I think when they are talking about Cobra they are referring to the noise level from other bikes. Like V Twins and stuff. I had Cobra pipes and the air cleaner on my VN2000 and they were slightly louder than I would have liked. Home | Cobra USA

Back