VIN numbers needing upgrade kit

Biebs

.020 Over
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
Triumphil tells me he's seen a post before giving the VIN number range for early R3 bikes (2004-2007) that require the internal motor "upgrade" kit. Does anyone remember it, or might be able to direct me to it?

The change occurred in 2009... The cut off is engine serial number is 337294... As long as the engine number is higher than that you are good to go... If it is lower, it does not mean that you will have a problem, but it is a real possibility...

S/F

B

Rats....the one I want to buy is a 2007, with only 3,200 on it, so I doubt it developed the problems necessitating the upgrade. It would be like playing Russian Roulette :-(

Thanks for the info.

Biebs

Rats....the one I want to buy is a 2007, with only 3,200 on it, so I doubt it developed the problems necessitating the upgrade. It would be like playing Russian Roulette :-(

Thanks for the info.

Biebs
Use that to negotiate a better price telling them it needs fixing :)

No, just a down...supposed to bring in the money on Tuesday. I'll see if They can put me in touch with the previous owner to see if he ever had the upgrade done. Hate to take a chance, although I guess most have been fine without it.

i would say i have had good luck with mine. had a bad fork seal @ about 10,000 miles. it had 6000 mi when i got it i wore out the 1st metz @ 8000 miles the 2nd 12000. i think i ride mine hard but not as hard as a lot of the rocket owners. there is others tires that last longer.
pics,price and miles if you need opinions.

Back