speedfrk

.060 Over
Got a vibration noticed on a ride last Friday. Can't pinpoint it other than I can feel it in the handlebars. The only change was new Avon tires about 100 miles ago. Everything felt great after new tires were installed, but now this. Any ideas.:confused:

Did you happen to sling a weight off the tire? I've lost stick on weights before and it has caused a vibration

If you've only done 100miles take it back to the tyre place and get them to check balance and fitting. Have you checked the pressure in the tyre?

I'd be going back to the tyre fitter ... as a rule they are the tyre experts. Could have a dodgy tyre that's not detectable just by looking at it.

iv'e heard on car tires that if you slam on brakes just after you had them mounted that they will slip on the rims throwing your balance off.
i would think that they could get that rear tire off the ground about 5 inches and run it up to about 50 or so and check that rear tire. also if you run it at about 5 mph you can see if it runs true and there is not any bumps on it.
herman

Back