Hondax:

I presume you mean a Rocket with a skilled rider, not an old fart with slow reflexes.:eek:

Most Hyabusa's around here are air shifted with ignition interrupters. That cuts the et enough so an R3 is still in the mirror. Last week I watched a 'busa go down US 24 on the wheelie bar, going through the gears. Not for me. Only for the young, dumb and full of ***.:D

More Busa Stuff

My Son-in-law rode a twiked Busa for about two years. Three speeding tickets in that time frame. I was riding a T-100 at that same time and we traded bikes one Sunday after coming home from a short run. Having been used to the T throttle response I cracked it immediately. That was the fastest **** thing I have ever seen!!!!!! I know the R/3 is quick and they might be neck and neck going through the gears but the Busa is just plain hairy. I also think the speed seems enhanced from the the seating position, you feel like you are on the road to "Broke Back Mountain". Anyway my ride was less that two miles and I was back on T and out of the fast lane, where old farts belong. I kept my left turn signal flashing all the way home and all was right with the world.

Less 'Busa stuff.....

Have some very old friends visiting this weekend. Matter of fact, the couple introduced my wife and I over 26 years ago. The fellow, Ed, was my inspiration to get my T100 as I didn't even know Triumph was making bikes again and then came the sidecar. Anyway, both wanted a ride in the sidecar and of course I obliged. I haven't been riding the outfit much with the R3 being here and it's interesting just how much of a difference there is between the 2 bikes even though both made by the same company. Both have their strong points and detractions.

One thing I really like about the Rocket is the turn signals. I too, had a habit of leaving the turn signal on, on the T100, that is, until I installed the electronic flasher unit. The indicator light on the T100 is no-see-um in the daylight whereas the indicator light on the R3 is bright and noticeable even in the sun.

The other thing is when riding the T100, I'm always looking for the mystery "6th" gear and with the R3, I find myself in 4th and forgetting about 5th, even at freeway speeds.

'Busa, I don't need no friggin' 'Busa.:D

Back