Update on tire wear on the 2020 Rocket

This refers to the difference between OEM (Triumph) cobra chrome when new and an aftermarket cobra chrome tyre over the counter. You never get as much depth when on the tyres when the bike is new, i guess manufacturers save on less rubber.
I certainly don't doubt what you say but where did you hear this from? Curious that Triumph could get away with doing this and the cost to make two different depths of Rocket Avon tires. If true it's a pretty crappy move. (Is this an April fools joke. I hope it is!)

Last edited:
I know the ink or toner supplied with a new printer is miniscule compared to the replacement cartridges but I never thought this was happening with motorcycle tires. First time I heard about it. In the automotive industry if a tire doesn't last a certain lifespan under normal use, it can be warranted and replaced. Seen it happen.

This refers to the difference between OEM (Triumph) cobra chrome when new and an aftermarket cobra chrome tyre over the counter. You never get as much depth when on the tyres when the bike is new, i guess manufacturers save on less rubber.
Wow, never knew that. What BS!

I certainly don't doubt what you say but where did you hear this from? Curious that Triumph could get away with doing this and the cost to make two different depths of Rocket Avon tires. If true it's a pretty crappy move. (Is this an April fools joke. I hope it is!)
Nope, its no joke. Just about all motorcycles manufacturers do this, not just Triumph. Its very common practice.. Look at Ryan F9's channel on youtube, he goes over it. (as mentioned above..)

Also i measured the front cobra chrome when new and it was 4mm, i haven't bought a new one yet so i don't know what the "over the counter" depth is. But i guess someone will have and know...

Last edited:
Back