Agreed on both points. It was way to much money but some times you just say screw it. It fits like I was poured into it. I better not gain a pound.:cool:

Once I passed all the tests, I was sent to ride the 125 miles down to Portland and back to be fitted at Langlitz.
Since the department paid for it, I was made to turn it in when I promoted off the motor. The jackets were made to TPD specs and back then cost $250.00! A lot of do-re-me in 1978.
Over the years that followed I wore several other brands of leather motor jackets, but none were close to the comfort, fit, protection or quality of the Langlitz. Eventually I gave up and rode back down to Langlitz. They still had the records of the TPD specs and even my original order! I ordered a new jacket (some measurements had changed:oops:). When I rode back to pick up my new jacket, I nearly $hit my jeans when handed a bill for $850.00! This was back in 2004. They are lifetime jacket quality, but I'd hate to need another. :eek:
As much as I love my Langlitz, a few years ago, after a 11,500 mile ride from coast to coast (Tacoma to the Outer Banks and The Wall, I started to wear a textile for my long trips. The leather is so hot in 90°+ weather, which we seldom see here in western WA, I carried on back most of the time. It is bulky to pack and no protection is NO HOOD! I wear the textile always, including many times in 100°+ temps. I still wear the Llanglitz on 1 to 3 day rides when I know temps will remain under 90°.
An oldie - all leathered up:

Bruiser-1a.jpg

Yeah, me too, lol, but no regrets, I always figured there was some poor guy somewhere having no fun at all, because I was getting way more than my share.

Life is like your penis
Tis not the length,
But the quality
That's most important!

I give permission for the use of my new poem . . . :roll:

Once I passed all the tests, I was sent to ride the 125 miles down to Portland and back to be fitted at Langlitz.
Since the department paid for it, I was made to turn it in when I promoted off the motor. The jackets were made to TPD specs and back then cost $250.00! A lot of do-re-me in 1978.
Over the years that followed I wore several other brands of leather motor jackets, but none were close to the comfort, fit, protection or quality of the Langlitz. Eventually I gave up and rode back down to Langlitz. They still had the records of the TPD specs and even my original order! I ordered a new jacket (some measurements had changed:oops:). When I rode back to pick up my new jacket, I nearly $hit my jeans when handed a bill for $850.00! This was back in 2004. They are lifetime jacket quality, but I'd hate to need another. :eek:
As much as I love my Langlitz, a few years ago, after a 11,500 mile ride from coast to coast (Tacoma to the Outer Banks and The Wall, I started to wear a textile for my long trips. The leather is so hot in 90°+ weather, which we seldom see here in western WA, I carried on back most of the time. It is bulky to pack and no protection is NO HOOD! I wear the textile always, including many times in 100°+ temps. I still wear the Llanglitz on 1 to 3 day rides when I know temps will remain under 90°.
An oldie - all leathered up:

Bruiser-1a.jpg
**** you look fine pops !

:eek: Did you buy that from a market stall ? Nobody would treat such a fine watch like that , unless it was snide , or they were incredibly rich ! Ah yes , medical professional . I imagine your Xmas run involves throwing crugerands to street urchins ! :D
I’m just a real dude and put all my stuff though whatever I want to. It is a dive watch so a little blood ain’t going to hurt it. If I was wearing my watch with the alligator strap I would have taken it off.:cool:

I’m not rich but I work hard and do make good money and it doesn’t do you any good till you spend it. BTW I buy through a friend that is into the watch market big time. I get most everything %30 off retail so they don’t really depreciate that much below that for the good stuff. Motorcycles are the real money losers.:mad:

I am sorry if I appear to braggy I really don’t want to be seen as that rick prick that everybody hates. I hope that this is not the case.

I'm surprised at the number of people that still wear watches in the age of smartphones, but I have a few friends that still do. When I was working, and wore watches, the average life expectancy was about 30 days, I was glad to see them go, and now that I'm retired, I really don't worry much what time it is, happy hour is a very flexible concept. :D
I stopped wearing a watch a good 15 years ago. And I only ever look at the company smartphone when I'm actually at work. I don't own a smartphone myself and won't. My time concept goes : DARK (so should be in bed), Sun in bedroom - Get up and do stuff, Sun in kitchen - eat drink and prepare for dark. This conflicts with my 3 morning working week but I can deal with the anarchy.

Back