For Sale Unique Custom Intake

CanberraR3

Living Legend
Ride
Triumphs, but no Rocket just now.
I will be taking delivery of a new bike this week and my Rocket days are numbered. Several parts will be offered for sale, but not until a prospective owner has had first dibs. Items could include the CES header, Foran pipes, seat with rider back rest, Dobeck TFI, quick release backrest brackets, tall and short sissy bars with all mounts and fender covers etc, Triumph saddle bags with original mounting frames and E-Z Brackets, and more.

However, the intake I've been running will not be going with the bike so it is being offered now. I have always said I'd keep it but as I don't believe I'll have use for it in the future I thought I'd offer it to a member on here who hopefully will get as much pleasure (and attention) from having it as I have. An Australian member is my strong preference, solely for sentimental reasons. See here to find out why: http://www.r3owners.net/threads/getting-my-bike-dynod-today.12074/page-8

Anyway, if anyone is interested please send me a PM (conversation) and indicate how much you would be prepared to pay for it. I will give the top 3 bidders a chance to increase their bid before settling on a buyer. It will come with the cut bear claw and 2 K&N filters (RR-3003 and RG-1001RD) and is fitted with the stock plenum bell mouth rubbers and clips. Purchaser to pay postage.

Happy to hear from overseas members but I reserve the right not to let it leave Australia.

Closing date is midnight 20 April AEST.

Net proceeds will be sent to Cobba's widow.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, looks good, does it perform good and have full clearance with steering.

Wish I was in a position to bid as even thou I would probably never use it, I would keep it just for the sentimental reasons of having known and shared a campfire with "Cobba" RIP he truly was a unique kinda guy and taken far before his time.
I think Robyn would be touched that you think of her with the proceeds going to her and the kids

Last edited:
So what are you getting, can't believe you will be happy on something else than a Rocket but I guess you will always be able to get a "fix" on a customers or trade in bike

Last edited:
No Fred, I haven't really broadcast it. Prefer not to be a gunna'. ;)

Simple answer is I'm getting a Scrambler. Longer answer is that since I'm able to ride pretty much anything I want I've come to the conclusion that there are at least half a dozen (or 10) Triumphs I'd happily own, including a Roadster. Lately I've been really loving Amanda's Street Triple and have a yearning for some mucking about off road, not to mention the whole retro "feel" of the classics. Almost all my riding these days is to and from my work as sales manager at the only Triumph dealership in or around Canberra. (I was meant to be retired and this was meant to be a part time filler......). Thruxton was a possibility too. This won't be my last bike by a long shot, but it will do for now.

I'll be watching in particular for some exciting new Triumph releases later this year. Thruxton 1200 and a Speed Twin are both rumoured. There'll be others too..

My bike is over 5 years old, has 70,000km on it and is starting to feel a bit tired, especially if I've been on a Roadster. Would love to keep it but as it's not pristine it would never be a collectable. Would rather have a new one if that's the way I decide to go. The "X" would have been mine if I hadn't sold it!

This is my current hit list, if anyone is interested, and I'd be happy to spend time on any of them.

Scrambler
Tiger 800 XCx
Thruxton
Roadster
Speed Triple
Street Triple
Storm
Explorer
Commander
Speedmaster

Oh and, @Rocket Scientist , I'm not getting black one.

No Fred, I haven't really broadcast it. Prefer not to be a gunna'. ;)

Simple answer is I'm getting a Scrambler. Longer answer is that since I'm able to ride pretty much anything I want I've come to the conclusion that there are at least half a dozen (or 10) Triumphs I'd happily own, including a Roadster. Lately I've been really loving Amanda's Street Triple and have a yearning for some mucking about off road, not to mention the whole retro "feel" of the classics. Almost all my riding these days is to and from my work as sales manager at the only Triumph dealership in or around Canberra. (I was meant to be retired and this was meant to be a part time filler......). Thruxton was a possibility too. This won't be my last bike by a long shot, but it will do for now.

I'll be watching in particular for some exciting new Triumph releases later this year. Thruxton 1200 and a Speed Twin are both rumoured. There'll be others too..

My bike is over 5 years old, has 70,000km on it and is starting to feel a bit tired, especially if I've been on a Roadster. Would love to keep it but as it's not pristine it would never be a collectable. Would rather have a new one if that's the way I decide to go. The "X" would have been mine if I hadn't sold it!

This is my current hit list, if anyone is interested, and I'd be happy to spend time on any of them.

Scrambler
Tiger 800 XCx
Thruxton
Roadster
Speed Triple
Street Triple
Storm
Explorer
Commander
Speedmaster

Oh and, @Rocket Scientist , I'm not getting black one.

Back