Unifilter update

Still running the uni filters myself .
Sound great also

I wonder if having the secondarys removed in the ' fire ' bike could have caused the prob in any way

I don't know if that matters or not. Whenever mine 'burps' out the intake it is as I am closing the throttle. It did the same with the stock setup. There were a few times I thought my rear tire blew but it was backfiring out the intake into the underseat airbox.

But what fun is it with the secondaries in anyway?

I said sorrrrrrryyyyyyyyy for the bad word. What I mean is that the gaz in Europe or USA has not better quaility as in australia.

I wasn't sure what you were referring to. Now I see it was the gas quality. As has been recognized, I didn't originate the rumor. As for my 18:1 dyno results, they was what they was - a bad measurement. I still won't use the Unifilters. Just not worth the worry for a few HP.

I think I have said this a hundred times.
Triumph use the same map for the USA, Europe and Australia if the model of bike is the same.
The maps we have done for the Rocket have more fuel than the standard maps from Triumph.
If you see a lean condition have a look at where the sniffer is situated, also take note of the amount of pop at the point you get a lean reading.
If you get a misfire you are pumping an unburnt charge into the exhaust, that is a lot of O2 and will make the sensor read lean, after all it reads residual O2 in the exhaust gas and tries to determine A/F ratio from that.
Lots of O2 in the exhaust makes the sensor think you are lean when you may in fact have a rich misfire.

What is Octane

"The octane rating of gasoline tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites. When gas ignites by compression rather than because of the spark from the spark plug, it causes knocking in the engine. Knocking can damage an engine, so it is not something you want to have happening. Lower-octane gas (like "regular" 87-octane gasoline) can handle the least amount of compression before igniting..." per:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/gasoline3.htm

"What are octane ratings?
Octane ratings measure a gasoline's ability to resist engine knock, a rattling or pinging sound that results from premature ignition of the compressed fuel-air mixture in one or more cylinders. Most gas stations offer three octane grades: regular (usually 87 octane), mid-grade (usually 89 octane) and premium (usually 92 or 93). The ratings must be posted on bright yellow stickers on each gasoline pump..." per:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/autos/octane.htm

Unless differing areas (countries) have differing definitions for octane I'm going to settle on the above explanations. Now as far as freshness of refined gasoline I'd have to better understand how long it takes for gasoline to be delivered from the refineries. Everyone knows gasolines deteriorates over time. I'm not at all familiar with where the refineries are located in Oz or anywhere in the EU and I'm not so sure about the U.S.; but if the price hikes following Katrina are an indicator, I'm ready to say they are mostly if not solely located on the coasts where tankers deliver the crude (regardless of whatever level of refinement has been undertaken at the source). Certainly possible that Oz 95 octane degrades to 87 in the U.S.? Or rather crap 87 octane at 10-20cent cheaper performs like 95 octane in Oz because it takes so long to truck it. Thanks to the truckers for taking their sweet time :rolleyes: Seriously though, we're in a world of hurt without truckers!!!

Back